Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Unless you're a goon, what does a guy who can't shoot do on an NBA team ?
    Rajon Rondo? Although much better now, he was below 30% from 3, 8 out of his first 10 years and below 25% 6 of those years. Not sure how he changed his shot but he is 35% or better 4 of the last 5 years.

We've all seen a lot of good players come through Xavier. Some were very clear NBA talents. Q for sure isn't one of them. Kaiser wasn't one of them. Scruggs IMHO isn't one of them. I sure all could play in Europe to some degree........but NBA.....I just dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Rajon Rondo? Although much better now, he was below 30% from 3, 8 out of his first 10 years and below 25% 6 of those years. Not sure how he changed his shot but he is 35% or better 4 of the last 5 years.
    An anomaly..........

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We've all seen a lot of good players come through Xavier. Some were very clear NBA talents. Q for sure isn't one of them. Kaiser wasn't one of them. Scruggs IMHO isn't one of them. I sure all could play in Europe to some degree........but NBA.....I just dont see it.
    i disagree about scruggs. scruggs is super long, pretty athletic, can defend pretty well 1-4 and even holds his own against 5's. he shoots really well from everywhere and is a great finisher with both hands at the rim. there's a lot to like about him.

he's been one of the best shooters at the camp so far https://twitter.com/ProBBallCombine/...41820096557056

quentin is just a tantalizing player because he's so big, long, and athletic. unfortunately, he's not a reliable shooter or finisher from basically anywhere and doesn't have the ball handling and decision making to make up for it. still, the dude has an nba body and is an nba level athlete no doubt.
    Last edited by scoscox; 05-23-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Sophomore
    the most i've heard is that these guys could parlay this into a two way deal or an invite to training camp. if that's what they get out of it, i think it'd be 50/50 on leaving. i think with more exposure next year they could improve their stock. paul could probably be drafted next year

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Maybe they observed his 44’6” vertical. Now that’s absurd!
    Sure but who cares. Keith Jackson could do the same thing. Q cant even dominate the big east, let alone nba role players

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i disagree about scruggs. scruggs is super long, pretty athletic, can defend pretty well 1-4 and even holds his own against 5's. he shoots really well from everywhere and is a great finisher with both hands at the rim. there's a lot to like about him.

he's been one of the best shooters at the camp so far https://twitter.com/ProBBallCombine/...41820096557056

quentin is just a tantalizing player because he's so big, long, and athletic. unfortunately, he's not a reliable shooter or finisher from basically anywhere and doesn't have the ball handling and decision making to make up for it. still, the dude has an nba body and is an nba level athlete no doubt.
    Fair enough.......I just see a guy in Scruggs who's 6'3 (which is very small for an NBA SG), doesn't have any part of his game that really jumps out at you and is very inconsistent on the offensive end. He of course can improve and get better and that's exactly why he should come back and play another year in hopes of improving EVERY aspect of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sure but who cares. Keith Jackson could do the same thing. Q cant even dominate the big east, let alone nba role players
    exactly

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Fair enough.......I just see a guy in Scruggs who's 6'3 (which is very small for an NBA SG), doesn't have any part of his game that really jumps out at you and is very inconsistent on the offensive end. He of course can improve and get better and that's exactly why he should come back and play another year in hopes of improving EVERY aspect of his game.
    I agree. This is good exposure for both of them either way. If he comes back and has an all big east type year, which i think he will, he'll get drafted easily

also, even if he's only 6'3", he has a 6'10" wingspan, which is huge needless to say

Sophomore
    FWIW, Zach Hankins is the only X guy to make the CBS Top 130 prospect list - comes in at 123: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings/