Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    The Longhorns couldn't give a shit less about the TV money they get for a B12 TV deal mainly due to the fact that they have The Longhorn Network, anything else they make from the Big 12 is the cherry on top, they generated around $219 million in revenue in 2018, they don't need the TV deal to be successful.
    The Longhorn Network has always been viewed as a selfish money grab by all 9 of the other B12 schools. In fact, it was a key reason A&M and Nebraska bolted. They will eventually be forced to play nice with others and agree to a B12 network. Once they get there, expansion to other large markets should follow.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-31-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Sorry, not following. How would the content be cut in half? Not counting the play in games, isnt it exactly the same? what am i missing that results in the content being cut in half?
    It wouldn't. I f'd up and typed too fast with a thought.

Content would remain at 32 games, but with the loss of the play-in games (who cares).

Content wouldn't be cut in half, but viewership and ratings would take major hits.
    X A V I E R

Wouldn't the most negative aspect of the whole situation be that the 64-team post-season Tourney would include the 32 teams that finished in the bottom half of their respective conferences? You'd wind up with a huge bunch of games that would be as fun as watching paint dry or, even worse, Kathy Bates in a skimpy bikini before she went on her recent diet.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Wouldn't the most negative aspect of the whole situation be that the 64-team post-season Tourney would include the 32 teams that finished in the bottom half of their respective conferences? You'd wind up with a huge bunch of games that would be as fun as watching paint dry or, even worse, Kathy Bates in a skimpy bikini before she went on her recent diet.
    Does that diet matter that much in this particular situation?
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The Longhorn Network has always been viewed as a selfish money grab by all 9 of the other B12 schools. In fact, it was a key reason A&M and Nebraska bolted. They will eventually be forced to play nice with others and agree to a B12 network. Once they get there, expansion to other large markets should follow.
    There's no doubt it's viewed as negative by the rest of the conference, and the reason that A&M and Nebraska left, but I still think Texas and Oklahoma hold the cards no matter what. They bring in the most revenue, they bring in prestige in numerous athletic programs, and have a strangle-hold on most of the conference. That's the whole school of thought that Texas and Oklahoma will leave the B12 to go to the PAC or something of that sort, because they don't want to get rid of the Longhorn Network due to the sheer amount of revenue they bring in from that alone. It's basically, play nice with Texas, and see what happens with Big12 TV rights, or they end up crippling the conference by leaving. A double-edged sword for the rest of the votes from University Presidents.