Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    And the NBA talking like in 2022, they will allow frosh to be eligible.......

I dont like any of this b/c it diminishes the quality of college basketball....IMHO
    Maybe....but would that actually lead to any less interest in the college game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yea great idea, let’s aim for players not as talented! Ridiculous
    I know he is coming off a down year, but landing Q instead of Kobi Simmons was a good thing for this program. The more talented dude isn't always the right fit.
    Joel
    Banners on the Parkway - XU on SBN (Formerly Xavier Examiner)

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Maybe....but would that actually lead to any less interest in the college game?
    I dont know.........but a product with less big stars and not as much talent certainly cant HELP the game......can it?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I dont know.........but a product with less big stars and not as much talent certainly cant HELP the game......can it?
    “STARS” are relative....there are dozens of people playing professional bb all over the world that were not huge college basketball “stars”, yet are very talented. Competing against other players, of a similar or lesser talent level, the would be “stars”. Who was the kid from Murray State, before this year? Curry was not a nationally known player before he went off in the NCAA tourney. Who ever heard of Hanky before this year?

I’m of the opinion that parity in the college game would be better than seeing the same old teams year after year in the F4.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I know he is coming off a down year, but landing Q instead of Kobi Simmons was a good thing for this program. The more talented dude isn't always the right fit.
    Goodin was a 4 star top 100 recruit, not a 2-3 star previous poster was suggesting X target. More times than not 5 star recruits are better to get than 4 star recruits so I would say Goodin vs Simmons is the exception IMO. And the dropoff from Simmons to Goodin is < the dropoff from Goodin to a 2-3 star.

I’m of the opinion that parity in the college game would be better than seeing the same old teams year after year in the F4.
    I'd be OK if people got bored of seeing Xavier in the Final Four year after year.
    Personally, I'm very happy Q came back. Evidently there must have been something to hang his hat on to keep him undecided until the last minute... so maybe that means his poised for a good season. Who knows... shots start falling more, turnovers drop a bit... all of a sudden the haters will be singing his praises.
    Excited that we've got all 4 coming back. That's some solid experience returning.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

“STARS” are relative....there are dozens of people playing professional bb all over the world that were not huge college basketball “stars”, yet are very talented. Competing against other players, of a similar or lesser talent level, the would be “stars”. Who was the kid from Murray State, before this year? Curry was not a nationally known player before he went off in the NCAA tourney. Who ever heard of Hanky before this year?

I'm going to watch regardless, but if you think that the best frosh not playing college ball anymore and guys leaving early b/c of developmental leagues and Euro leagues that pay very well......aren't going to impact the game, you're wrong.

The best "available" players are still going to go to Duke, UNC and Kansas. I don't see parity, I just see us a little further down the stream of talent that will end up at X.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yea great idea, let’s aim for players not as talented! Ridiculous
    That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying target some top guys and some guys you know are good but will stay four years. All you have to do is look at how nova faired when they had four year guys like jalen Brunson hang around vs this year trying to rebuild with 5 star guys that all look to leave in 1-2 years. Duke has been more successful in the years where they have 2-3 juniors/seniors contributing along with their high profile young guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLmickcronin View Post
    That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying target some top guys and some guys you know are good but will stay four years. All you have to do is look at how nova faired when they had four year guys like jalen Brunson hang around vs this year trying to rebuild with 5 star guys that all look to leave in 1-2 years. Duke has been more successful in the years where they have 2-3 juniors/seniors contributing along with their high profile young guys too.
    Brunson was a 5 star recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Banners on the parkway reports Q will be back....
    Wonderful news!!!

Welcome back to the final Core 4 Musketeer. Truly excited to know they will all be back together for one more year.

Q is going to be Good-in just about every game next season. I honestly believe it. He and his teammates will learn from all of last year’s struggles and mistakes. They’ll come out more focused and with better chemistry next season. They’’ll trust each other more. They’’ll be better leaders. They’’ll play much smarter individually and as a team... and they’ll be even more determined to win the BE and position themselves for a deep run in the tournament.
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-29-2019 at 09:37 PM.