Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It would be kind of hilarious if, out of the four guys, Q is the one to not return.
    I mean Q just had a kid, so him being the one to leave was actually the most likely scenario the whole time

Didn't know about his kid, so congrats to him on that. Would love to have Q back, of course, as he is an important part of the team, but I think he's just objectively the fourth best player out of these four.

Well we did discuss personal issues with Q last year and that would explain it. Between this, shoulder separation, new role on team would put anyone’s head on a swivel at his age. Hope he decides to do what’s best for him and his new family.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Well we did discuss personal issues with Q last year and that would explain it. Between this, shoulder separation, new role on team would put anyone’s head on a swivel at his age. Hope he decides to do what’s best for him and his new family.
    Yawn. I hate hearing about excuses for poor play. Q's decision making was horrible. Cant blame that on a shoulder....it's the thing ABOVE his shoulders that was the problem.

Honestly, this is another Kaiser situation. kaiser drove me nuts as a Junior, and i honestly didnt care that he left, but I viewed it as a mistake on his part.

If Q now has a kid, and he thinks his BEST MOVE is to drop out of school before he gets his degree, then i dont know how you talk a guy out of that choice. Dropping out of school to make some money NOW is the shortest-sighted decision he can make. Think long term, Q........

Finish what you started, get the degree, take shot at pro ball after graudation, and then ALWAYS know you have the degree to fall back on when your playing days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yawn. I hate hearing about excuses for poor play. Q's decision making was horrible. Cant blame that on a shoulder....it's the thing ABOVE his shoulders that was the problem.

Honestly, this is another Kaiser situation. kaiser drove me nuts as a Junior, and i honestly didnt care that he left, but I viewed it as a mistake on his part.

If Q now has a kid, and he thinks his BEST MOVE is to drop out of school before he gets his degree, then i dont know how you talk a guy out of that choice. Dropping out of school to make some money NOW is the shortest-sighted decision he can make. Think long term, Q........

Finish what you started, get the degree, take shot at pro ball after graudation, and then ALWAYS know you have the degree to fall back on when your playing days are over.
    You know that anyone who leaves early to go pro can come back to school right after they finish their playing career and finish up their degree right? And knowing that, why not get an extra year of basketball pay when you can come back and finish your degree at any time? Sure there are reasons to come back, but I'd argue there are more reasons not to if you can get a solid pay day in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    You know that anyone who leaves early to go pro can come back to school right after they finish their playing career and finish up their degree right? And knowing that, why not get an extra year of basketball pay when you can come back and finish your degree at any time? Sure there are reasons to come back, but I'd argue there are more reasons not to if you can get a solid pay day in Europe.
    Good luck with this argument. It’s like discussing global warmin... errr .. climate change on this board. *Sarcasm font on* Unless you are a first round pick you shouldnt leave early! No exceptions!

Personally, I think it's basically a coin flip whether to stay or go if going doesn't mean going to the NBA. Obviously, maximizing your earning years is important, and finishing a degree can happen anytime. But on the other hand, being a pro basketball player other than in the NBA seems like it kinda sucks. I think a year of college basketball is generally going to be a better life than a year of non-NBA pro basketball other than not getting paid. Of course, getting paid is pretty key.

So I can certainly understand either decision.

Would be really interesting to see what some of these guys are making....I mean Malcom Bernard was/is playing in Europe....Remy Abell too. Stainbrook etc. All guys who clearly had little hope for the NBA. Are they making enough money to really be worth it for them? Maybe they are just doing it for the experience of living abroad and seeing what other cultures are like. I know some of the higher Euro leagues can pay some pretty big money like Sato, Doellman and Duncan did.

Sophomore
    that clears up why q tweeted that "decisions, decisions" tweet the other day and why it's taking so long. i thought that was a weird tweet considering his prospects, but it makes sense now

So in 2015 Derrick Brown was make $1.7M Euros roughly $1.9M. He was one of the highest paid.

Doellman was making $1.8M Euros
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.