View Poll Results: Which Newcomer are You Most Excited to See Play?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • KyKy Tandy

47 63.51%
  • Dahmir Bishop

8 10.81%
  • Zach Freemantle

6 8.11%
  • Daniel Ramsey

1 1.35%
  • Dieonte Miles

2 2.70%
  • Jason Carter

9 12.16%
  • Bryce Moore

1 1.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I actually picked Ramsey.
    That is a really interesting pick. I know his ranking dropped a bit from where it was when he committed, but I also remember being impressed with his play in some of his videos and being ecstatic when he chose X. He might end up being the biggest surprise in the class.

There is an argument to be had for picking any one on the list.

I got to see Fremantle play live already. I will be excited to watch him play at the next level.
    I have no doubt Tandy will be electric.

Though, the player I picked is Miles. He is still a bit raw, yet quite athletic with great size. He just oozes upside potential to me. Some of my favorite X players were true bigs who came in as a work-in-progress and eventually transitioned into monster contributors (players like Strong, Love, D Brown, Stainbrook, Farr, Hankins). Can you imagine how exciting Miles could be with some more development.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Though, the player I picked is Miles. He is still a bit raw, yet quite athletic with great size. He just oozes upside potential to me. Some of my favorite X players were true bigs who came in as a work-in-progress and eventually transitioned into monster contributors (players like Strong, Love, D Brown, Stainbrook, Farr, Hankins). Can you imagine how exciting Miles could be with some more development.
    I think Tyrique is a athletic freak, and I definitely think Miles is one too, definitely has a lot of potential to develop into a monster. It may take a couple years, but I do think he has the upside to be a legend. Travis Steele did amazing with this class, there's a lot of different guys who I think could contribute and help take X to the next step based off development, as long as we don't lose Coach Hayes it'll be interesting to see what he can do with someone athletic as Miles since he has a pretty good track record.

Sophomore
    if i'm forced to pick someone besides kyky, i'd pick dahmir. i see a lot of darnell williams in him. besides him, the potential of miles is interesting.

i like the grad transfers too. this might be sacrilege, but i get visions of stanley burrell with bryce moore with his defense and athleticism. i'm not as excited about carter just because there's not a lot of tape of him, but if he can be a solid double digit scorer and decent rebounder for two years i'll take that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think Tyrique is a athletic freak, and I definitely think Miles is one too, definitely has a lot of potential to develop into a monster. It may take a couple years, but I do think he has the upside to be a legend. Travis Steele did amazing with this class, there's a lot of different guys who I think could contribute and help take X to the next step based off development, as long as we don't lose Coach Hayes it'll be interesting to see what he can do with someone athletic as Miles since he has a pretty good track record.
    Yes. I think of how far a player like Hankins came just from the beginning of the season until the end and it makes me salivate about where the ceiling for a player with similar size, wingspan, raw instincts (and maybe even more athleticism) might be in a few years. I think Hankins would have been a candidate for All BE first team, if he had another year of eligibility.

Oh how I would really enjoy seeing Miles and Tyrique on the floor together this coming season. Deniers of Dreams.

If it’s not Kyky you craycray

I went dahmir. He was actually the highest ranked guy on most sites for most of the recruitment period. Tandy got way more attention bc he’s so much closer to home.

I think we’ll love Tandy and his wow factor is great. But his high school competition looked like hot garbage based on most of his videos. Bishop played better competition and at his size I think could be a guy ready to contribute right away and reminds me of maybe a dez wells type.

What position is most uncertain next season? You've got to be excited to see how Carter does at the four. Not sure he'll be an all league guy, but I'm excited to see how he does.

This is the definition of humility. Kyky chose his X uniform number based off his teacher Tracie Atwood who lost her daughter in a car crash. Her daughter played softball and wore 24. Might change my vote for who I’m most excited about coming to X next year!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    This is the definition of humility. Kyky chose his X uniform number based off his teacher Tracie Atwood who lost her daughter in a car crash. Her daughter played softball and wore 24. Might change my vote for who I’m most excited about coming to X next year!
    Forget the player, this says volumes about the person. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Goodness that is heartbreaking to hear.