Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hardaway Building Monster...

Link

On Friday evening, Hardaway landed a commitment from Lester Quinones, a four-star shooting guard from New York by way of IMG Academy in Florida. A day later, Hardaway picked up the second-best grad transfer on the market in Rayjon Tucker, a 6-foot-5 wing that averaged better than 20 points and shot 41 percent from three as a redshirt junior with Arkansas-Little Rock last season. There is still a chance that Tucker ends up in the NBA instead of back in college — he is, in my opinion, a very real NBA prospect given his athleticism and shooting ability — but if he does end up on Penny’s roster, he’ll be, at minimum, the second-best player in the program behind potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman....

____

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Not to mention they just landed Boogie Ellis a 2019 Duke decommit.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Not to mention they just landed Boogie Ellis a 2019 Duke decommit.
    And still in the running for RJ Hampton and Precious Achiuwa... I thought Hardaway would have definitely brought an uptick in recruiting to Memphis with all of his connections, but this is pretty damn impressive. Obviously Penny has a lot of appeal to recruits, he was pretty damn good back in the day, interested to see how he'll bring it together coaching wise, had 22 wins last season, but much loftier expectations these days.

All-Conference
    He might open the door for Van Exel after all.

Junior
    Lots of Benjamins to spread around & next to no academic requirements,& big name former player as coach. Same ol, same ol, Tigers.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Lots of Benjamins to spread around & next to no academic requirements,& big name former player as coach. Same ol, same ol, Tigers.
    Nah they just want to experience the magical city of .memphis....what an absolute dump of a city.

Looking forward to watching this team play in Wichita next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post

What the over/under on how long before the probation begins and Penny is Gandhi?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    What the over/under on how long before the probation begins and Penny is Gandhi?
    My guess is never. I mean Sean Miller and Will Wade pay big bucks and Sean has for a while at Zona and its business as usual. The NCAA cannot do anything about it. Clemson has to be paying big time in football as well but its no big deal.

I don't mind seeing Memphis get better in the AAAAAAAAAAAAC as it means that they will crush UC two or three times a season.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12