Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    #1 ranked class for next year now. Excited to see a new name in the mix for a championship next year if Penny can coach at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    #1 ranked class for next year now. Excited to see a new name in the mix for a championship next year if Penny can coach at all.
    He can’t. Might win the AAC but doubt that as well. If he gets in tourney will flame out and have a bunch of guys leave for the NBA.

Josh Pastner once had the #2 class at Memphis. How did that work out?

I thought he did a decent job with his team last year. I think there's a chance he might be a pretty competent coach. Or that Mike Miller is.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    My guess is never. I mean Sean Miller and Will Wade pay big bucks and Sean has for a while at Zona and its business as usual. The NCAA cannot do anything about it. Clemson has to be paying big time in football as well but its no big deal.
    Zone is NOW under NCAA investigation. It wasn’t before, it was under FEDERAL investigation. The NCAA investigation was delayed until after the federal court case ended. This situation is a long way from being over.

But I certainly understand your skepticism when it comes to the NCAA. However, Memphis is not one of their “sacred cows” and the AAC is certainly not one of its power conferences. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they came under some scrutiny from the NCAA because of pressure being applied by some of the schools/conferences that are.

Yeah I don't know. House of cards IMHO........Sustainable.........I don't think so. And the NBA or a bigger job could come calling at any time.............

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Josh Pastner once had the #2 class at Memphis. How did that work out?
    Eh, that's comparing apples to oranges in my opinion, I don't think Pastner is a good coach at all, also feel like this class Hardaway put together is MILES better than that class Pastner put together.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I thought he did a decent job with his team last year. I think there's a chance he might be a pretty competent coach. Or that Mike Miller is.
    I'd think Mike Miller would be a good coach, but I also think Penny would too, honestly can't really tell until we see how he does with this talent influx, but he definitely had a decent record last year, Memphis is going to destroy the AAC however, interested to see tournament time, especially in match-ups against the Dukes, Kansas', Carolinas, etc. of the world.

Hardaway just signed another recruit and has one of the Top 2 classes in the country (link)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook