Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Nba

  1. #31
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Simmons averaged 11.5, 7 and 5 while shooting 56% from the line in the Toronto series.
    He literally got exposed. Hes not that good
    there's a lot of room between "not that good" and "not valuable whatsoever". i don't think he's all that great, but he's a very good player, one bad series notwithstanding
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  2. #32
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,864
    He's a very good player whose limitations can kill you in the playoffs when a team can build a 7-game strategy around your lack of range outside 5'.

    Also Embiid needs to embrace the pick and roll. For some reason he hates it.

    If I'm Philly, I do LeBron for Simmons in a heartbeat.

  3. #33
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    He's a very good player whose limitations can kill you in the playoffs when a team can build a 7-game strategy around your lack of range outside 5'.

    Also Embiid needs to embrace the pick and roll. For some reason he hates it.

    If I'm Philly, I do LeBron for Simmons in a heartbeat.
    I'd go after someone who's younger to be honest, LeBron can't have THAT many years left in the tank, as stated he's 35 already, and has been dealing with some injury issues and what not now. Yes, he's LeBron freaking James, but if they could maneuver Ben Simmons, I'd go after someone in their late 20s. Interestingly enough, if somehow they keep everyone, and let's just say Kyrie resigns in Boston, and Terry Rozier leaves like he says he's planning to, him joining that Philly squad would be pretty interesting in my opinion, though Rozier had selfish reasons saying "his usage went down" and that "he's not appreciated" so not too sure if he'd wanna be 4th option behind Butler, Embiid, and Simmons. However, a player like him could make Philadelphia legitimate contenders against Milwaukee in the East

  4. #34
    Sophomore XfansinKy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Richmond, Ky
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If and It's a HUGE If Michael Porter can go after multiple back surgeries, the Nuggets will be adding another extremely talented athletic 6'10 player to go along with Jokic and Murray. That's a great three headed monster that can win titles if GS breaks up, and Porter isn't a shell of what he was.
    That makes them even more fun to watch with that added athleticism too. Jokic the joker in my opinion, is a fine example of a guy that doesn't necessarily play above the rim, but his size and the way he's able to move means he's definitely athletic in his own right. He has really fast hands, great footwok, great vision, and on n on. Also, it seems like just the other day LeBron was coming in as a rookie being called The King., now he's winding down his career.
    Last edited by XfansinKy; 05-14-2019 at 08:32 PM.

  5. #35
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,564
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I'd go after someone who's younger to be honest, LeBron can't have THAT many years left in the tank, as stated he's 35 already, and has been dealing with some injury issues and what not now. Yes, he's LeBron freaking James, but if they could maneuver Ben Simmons, I'd go after someone in their late 20s. Interestingly enough, if somehow they keep everyone, and let's just say Kyrie resigns in Boston, and Terry Rozier leaves like he says he's planning to, him joining that Philly squad would be pretty interesting in my opinion, though Rozier had selfish reasons saying "his usage went down" and that "he's not appreciated" so not too sure if he'd wanna be 4th option behind Butler, Embiid, and Simmons. However, a player like him could make Philadelphia legitimate contenders against Milwaukee in the East
    Lebron is "done" with basketball, as to his overwhelming desire to win. He'll take all of LA's money, but he's setting up his entertainment company now and really doesn't care anymore. He'll live that contract out, get his required contract years in, then come back and buy the Cavaliers.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  6. #36
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,560
    I'm sure he'll be as good an owner as MJ.

  7. #37
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sure he'll be as good an owner as MJ.
    He's certainly shown his skills as GM :eyeroll: Thought LeBron as GM did win a title in Cleveland.

  8. #38
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    there's a lot of room between "not that good" and "not valuable whatsoever". i don't think he's all that great, but he's a very good player, one bad series notwithstanding
    Not valuable whatsoever is an over statement on my part without context. Sure he has value to a team in a vacuum. But he is going to demand a max salary or close to it, not because he is that good but because he thinks he is better than he is. Until he develops a jump shot, he would be valuable as a role player energy guy that crashes the boards and makes plays with the ball in his hand on offense. Shaun Livingston comes to mind. In the Toronto series, and really against any good team this year, he was completely ignored on offense. Literally his defender (Kawhi and/or Green) left him to go roam and help out against Embiid.

    I’m sure there is a team that could use him better. But unless he is on the floor with 4 shooters it’s going to be a struggle to win a series against top competition.

  9. #39
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,559
    Oh, and LeBron has plenty left in the tank. Hes not wasting it on a team that wont win.

  10. #40
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Oh, and LeBron has plenty left in the tank. He’s not wasting it on a team that won’t win.
    He has 2-3 years left in his prime and that’s probably pushing it. Him going to la was not a basketball decision, and his priorities have changed just like many of ours do as we get older. Does he still want to win? Sure! Is it a burning desire like he had when he went to Miami or back to Cleveland? Sure doesn’t seem that way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •