Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Team didn't do so good, but Mikayla Fitzpatrick finished at even par for the three days, in 6th place. One assumes she qualified for the NCAA finals. Finished STRONG with three straight birdies for a 33 on the back and -1 overall on the day.
    That's a damn good finish on that course. We played at Michigan State's Forest Akers Invitational when I was at XU. You could mess your round up there with a bad finish. They were playing the West Course too, which is much tougher than the East Course. I don't know how the women's tees compare to the mens but there is a lot of rolling topography on that course and elevated greens that made you fly the ball to the flag, so it plays longer even than the scorecard says. Congrats to Mikayla!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The next best Xavier finisher is also named Mikayla? What are the odds of that?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    The next best Xavier finisher is also named Mikayla? What are the odds of that?
    100%
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

It looks like Xavier's lone male golfer in the NCAA Tournament will fail to advance. Garrett Wood went 77-74 the first two days in Louisville and is tied for 60th with one round to go. Looks like he's a sophomore (and the Big East individual champ), so we should hear more from him the next two years.