Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

And the Bungles are back...

Paul Dehner Jr.
    @pauldehnerjr
    You will obviously have a hard time finding somebody with a 2nd round grade on Drew Sample.

PFF: 192 overall
    Dane Brugler: 4th/5th
    Jordan Reid: 6th
    NFL Network: 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The Brown family is clueless on how to run a draft. They didn't get a great return for the trade with Denver. Just a 4th and (yet another 6th). The trade chart used by every team shows that Denver was the clear winner in that trade. Why not ask for a 2020 pick instead? I doubt the Brown family realizes that they can trade for future picks. All those 6th round picks they have acquired are worthless. Sample was a huge REACH. I can't wait until the franchise moves to Mexico City.

Sophomore
    I hope this guy is a sleeper, because this pick makes zero sense. Could have gotten him later and Bengals have other needs.

The Giants....yikes...
    As a Panthers fan, the best thing that happened to my health was Gettleman (Giants GM now) leaving the Panthers, never underestimate his stupidity. He tries so hard to make a edgy selection that pans out so he looks smarter than everyone else... To say that taking Daniel Jones because you didn't know if he was going to be available at 17th with all of the holes in the roster is some of the worst explaining ever.

There again...coach speak...but Tight End Coach Casey was "nervous"...

“I was very nervous about it knowing that we had him rated high,” said Casey. “As you travel around and go to all the pro days and talk to the other tight ends coaches around the league, you get a sense of how they feel about certain guys. I have no doubt that a lot of teams around the NFL had this guy rated really high. I know that media guys might not have had him rated as one of the top tight ends, but guys that watch ball and watch the film know that this guy is a really good player.”

At least it was coach that was "nervous" and (seemed to be) involved in the decision a opposed to Mikey Boy!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Is it weird as hell to anyone else just how many people show up the nfl draft and watch it on tv? I mean the crowd wssnt that much more than what it looks like on Broadway on a Thursday night in nashville but still. Watching your team draft an offensive lineman...riveting theater. Nfl has done one hell of a marketing job to make people give a crap about this.
    Yes, odd indeed. I've never understood the fascination of sitting around and listening to names being called. I'd rather you send me a list on Monday morning that I can look at for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Yes, odd indeed. I've never understood the fascination of sitting around and listening to names being called. I'd rather you send me a list on Monday morning that I can look at for 10 seconds.
    I can understand watching on TV because they show some highlights, give measurements, and talk about the pick a little bit, but I don't get actually going to the draft, I don't think I'd have fun there no matter the amounts of booze I ingested.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I can understand watching on TV because they show some highlights, give measurements, and talk about the pick a little bit, but I don't get actually going to the draft, I don't think I'd have fun there no matter the amounts of booze I ingested.
    I have a buddy who went. Nashville is AWESOME, and the draft is just an excuse. My wife is there now, but for a funeral......slightly less fun.

Next year is Vegas I think. I’d go to run into Bills fans from all over, following the draft loosely.

The Cleveland Browns select------

Every damn guy and position they needed in this draft...oh, and also getting Odell Beckham Jr thru the earlier trade who is worth more than any player that is coming out of College.

In the words of the Iraqui Info Minister---"Victory is ASSURED!!!!"
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-29-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I do think it is interesting that they picked up the only two quarterbacks they brought in before the draft, one as an UDFA.

Sounds like maybe, just maybe they have a plan.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.