Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I’m certainly OK with that, if that works for you. But it doesn’t work for me, and I think that is true for others too. I don’t care much for trash talking. I don’t bet. I can certainly be emotional and passionate, but it’s more about being FOR someone, and not about being AGAINST anyone. This is why I don’t get the anti-UC stuff by our fans any more than I get the anti-X stuff by their fans. It just seems so silly to me. I don’t need to be against UC (or anyone else) just to prove how for XU that I am. At this point in my life I don’t let a Xavier loss ruin my day and I don’t get any pleasure out of watching UC lose either. It’s just fun and games, it’s entertainment. When the game is over, it’s over. I enjoy watching sports, talking sports, playing sports. How the teams I root for do, or how the teams I don’t root for do, doesn’t change that. Unless it’s Duke...F**K Duke and all of their fans! :).

To each their own....
    And yet another stirring lecture by Dr. Wet Blanket...
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    And yet another stirring lecture by Dr. Wet Blanket...
    What....we aren’t allowed to express our OPINIONS any more? Unless they line up with others?

I have never told anyone how THEY should feel, only how I feel. Read that again, in every instance it says “I”. It doesn’t say “you should”. Yeah, I think all of the F-him or F-them stuff thrown around about ex-coaches or opposing teams is pretty silly. In MY opinion it only makes people look small and immature, but that’s just my OPINION. Some people here have explained that it makes it more FUN for them, and I get that. In my OPINION it’s all supposed to be about FUN. But, IMO, if it becomes serious enough to cause people to do something stupid or to let it effect other parts of their lives, then it becomes a problem. If expressing these opinions puts a wet blanket on your fandom, then it’s you that have the problem, not me. If you don’t like what I have to say....don’t read it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

This whole discussion started with a poster calling other fans a “candy ass” for having some support for Brannen, and saying that it “sad to see”. Brannen lives around the corner from my son-in-law. One of his assistant coaches lives on my street. I worked with his dad at one time. His uncle and I went to HS together and were friends. I’ve attended NKU games with my daughter, son-in-law (both NKU grads), and granddaughter, with Brannen as the coach. Now all of a sudden, because he is now the coach of UC, I’m supposed to start hating him? I’m a “candy ass” if I don’t? It’s “sad to see” that I don’t? Sorry, but in my OPINION that is just stupid. I am HAPPY for him. It’s a huge opportunity for him. I hope he does well....EXCEPT when they plays X! I hope he loses every game, and every recruiting battle to X. I want X to beat them down in every opportunity they have. BUT, if that doesn’t happen (and realistically it’s not likely to) I’m not going to hate them. Would it make you feel better if I did? Hey, if it makes YOU feel better to do so, go for it. But don’t expect me to feel the need to do the same.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-28-2019 at 09:55 AM.

It's 12:50pm on April 28, 2019....

And uc still SucKS!!!

End. Of. Story.

Meanwhile, please leave Cumberland and Curtis.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

What....we aren’t allowed to express our OPINIONS any more?
    Unless they line up with others?
    Now all of a sudden, because he is now the coach of UC, I’m supposed to start hating him?
    I’m a “candy ass” if I don’t?
    It’s “sad to see” that I don’t?
    Would it make you feel better if I did?
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

At this point in my life I don’t let a Xavier loss ruin my day and I don’t get any pleasure out of watching UC lose either. It’s just fun and games, it’s entertainment. When the game is over, it’s over. I enjoy watching sports, talking sports, playing sports. How the teams I root for do, or how the teams I don’t root for do, doesn’t change that.
    Sure, it's just fun and games until someone puts an eye out...

...or the cops show up...

...or until someone gets their head stomped on by a UC player.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Sure, it's just fun and games until someone puts an eye out...

...or the cops show up...

...or until someone gets their head stomped on by a UC player.
    Yeah but that said Xavier player that got his head stomped on walked into the party with a 30 rack of Natty on his shoulder and screamed, "LET'S FUCKING GO!!!" that night, so all's well that ends well

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah but that said Xavier player that got his head stomped on walked into the party with a 30 rack of Natty on his shoulder and screamed, "LET'S FUCKING GO!!!" that night, so all's well that ends well
    #Warrior

Oh, is that racially insensitive? I guess if you're Marquette it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Damn right he did!

But I still think felony assault was not out of the question.

Just one more reason to HATE UC.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Can't believe no one posted this yet, but....

Samari Curtis has decommitted and received his release from SucKS. He already received an offer from Virginia Tech. The Clifton College of zero Knowledge has ZERO, That's NADA recruits now in the incoming 2019 class.

Cumberland has declared for the draft and chances are he ain't coming back either. Brooks is gone. The Borecats are about to enter a very long nuclear winter....in a second rate conference that is about to be dominated by Houston and Kelvin Sampson.

Damn!!! You just hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Can't believe no one posted this yet, but....
    Don't you know we can't trash talk Clifton Community College anymore here, MOR? Ruffles too many feathers. Sad to see, but that's the reality now.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.