Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Why ?
    A lot of candy ass "let's just get along" fans coming out of the woodwork with Brannen's hire. Sad to see.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Quote Originally Posted by OH.X.MI View Post
    A lot of candy ass "let's just get along" fans coming out of the woodwork with Brannen's hire. Sad to see.
    Sorry to disappoint you. But how does “hating” them make a difference? Can’t I just be happy with how X does?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you. But how does “hating” them make a difference? Can’t I just be happy with how X does?
    They are a f-ing RIVAL. Just like Michigan is to Ohio State, just like North Carolina and Duke, just like Marquette and Wisconsin. C'mon man. They are 3 miles away from us, are trying to recruit the same kids we are, are trying to take our candy and rule the city just like always. You mean their fans are always so solicitous to XU when we whip their asses, and they don't love to rub it in when they happen to win?
    Look. If they are not with us, they're against us...and attempting to win the same thing we are- if not a National Championship, the Crown of the City. You care about going back to second fiddle again? Well, go ahead but don't expect me to come with you. I've already been there and done that when we couldn't get a radio deal, could barely get in the paper and hardly got a mention on TV.

Clifton College will always be a hated rival in sports. That's the way it is.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    They are a f-ing RIVAL. Just like Michigan is to Ohio State, just like North Carolina and Duke, just like Marquette and Wisconsin. C'mon man. They are 3 miles away from us, are trying to recruit the same kids we are, are trying to take our candy and rule the city just like always. You mean their fans are always so solicitous to XU when we whip their asses, and they don't love to rub it in when they happen to win?
    Look. If they are not with us, they're against us...and attempting to win the same thing we are- if not a National Championship, the Crown of the City. You care about going back to second fiddle again? Well, go ahead but don't expect me to come with you. I've already been there and done that when we couldn't get a radio deal, could barely get in the paper and hardly got a mention on TV.

Clifton College will always be a hated rival in sports. That's the way it is.

Despite all your rage, you’re still just a rat in a cage........in other words, nothing you say or do on a message board effects them in any way. Hating them doesn’t do any good for anyone. Either they don’t know about it, or they don’t care. The only one who feels any effect is you.

Does that mean I don’t root like anything for X? No it doesn’t. I want X to win every game, no matter who they play. Do I care just a little bit more when they are playing UC? Yes, I do. But other than that 1X a year, I really don’t care if UC loses. I don’t root against them. I don’t really root for them either. It’s more about being apathetic, than anything else. Why should I waste any of myself really caring one way or another. My dream would be to see X win every game, including the NC, and to have them give UC it’s only 2 loses of the year....in the shootout and in the NC game. How sweet would it be to have them come so close to winning a NC and only to have it snatched away by the Muskies in the final game? Other than that, I really don’t care that much. I’ll watch them with my UC buddies, but I don’t get upset when they lose and don’t get happy when they win, or vice versa. How I feel about UC is comparable to how I feel about Cleveland.....they’re there, but they really don’t matter that much.

Despite all your rage, you’re still just a rat in a cage........in other words, nothing you say or do on a message board effects them in any way. Hating them doesn’t do any good for anyone. Either they don’t know about it, or they don’t care. The only one who feels any effect is you.

Does that mean I don’t root like anything for X? No it doesn’t. I want X to win every game, no matter who they play. Do I care just a little bit more when they are playing UC? Yes, I do. But other than that 1X a year, I really don’t care if UC loses. I don’t root against them. I don’t really root for them either. It’s more about being apathetic, than anything else. Why should I waste any of myself really caring one way or another. My dream would be to see X win every game, including the NC, and to have them give UC it’s only 2 loses of the year....in the shootout and in the NC game. How sweet would it be to have them come so close to winning a NC and only to have it snatched away by the Muskies in the final game? Other than that, I really don’t care that much. I’ll watch them with my UC buddies, but I don’t get upset when they lose and don’t get happy when they win, or vice versa. How I feel about UC is comparable to how I feel about Cleveland.....they’re there, but they really don’t matter that much.
    What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

At least we now know who attended the post-brawl Reflection Session.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

How does not hating them make a difference?

Hating UC basketball is good for the soul. Indifference causes cancer.

First and foremost, root on the Muskies. Would never say I'm a better fan than the next person just because of whether I root against any program that may or may not have a U and/or a C in their name... or to a lesser extent a U and/or a D... but I do find myself more on the side of MOR on this one, but I go to church on Sundays so if that's some sort of sin then I've got a pretty good book that tells me I am forgiven.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Supporting Member
    My dream would be to see X win every game, including the NC, and to have them give UC it’s only 2 loses of the year....in the shootout and in the NC game.
    Regardless of what X's outcome is, you're talking about a season in which UC loses only one non-con game to the eventual national champ, goes undefeated in conference and goes on a run all the way to the final game...no sir, I don't think I'd like that at all.
    My ideal season would be the X part (undefeated national champs) and UC loses every game by so much, we're criticized for scheduling them and their 350 NET rating.
    They are evil and people with no souls. When I think of UC, I also think of ISIS.