Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    When I think of UC, I also think of ISIS.
    Why you have to insult ISIS?!?

Supporting Member
    The closest evil I could think of. I almost said Elizabeth Warren, but wrong thread.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    The closest evil I could think of. I almost said Elizabeth Warren, but wrong thread.
    how dare you disparage the Native American Culture :)

I don't understand not hating a rival, yeah I know it has zero outcome on the game, but it's fun, it's part of what makes sports passionate for me, the trash talk, the wagers, etc. I enjoy shit talking, we as fans have zero correlation on the game (unless it's a home game and we can create a rowdy atmosphere) and so having other things to invest your emotions into like rivalries are fun. I hate UC, it's died down a little after leaving Cinci and being so busy, but you can bet your sweet ass I still gag every time I see a Bearkitten logo anywhere.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I still gag every time I see a Bearkitten logo anywhere.
    You have that condition too

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I don't understand not hating a rival, yeah I know it has zero outcome on the game, but it's fun, it's part of what makes sports passionate for me, the trash talk, the wagers, etc. I enjoy shit talking, we as fans have zero correlation on the game (unless it's a home game and we can create a rowdy atmosphere) and so having other things to invest your emotions into like rivalries are fun. I hate UC, it's died down a little after leaving Cinci and being so busy, but you can bet your sweet ass I still gag every time I see a Bearkitten logo anywhere.
    I’m certainly OK with that, if that works for you. But it doesn’t work for me, and I think that is true for others too. I don’t care much for trash talking. I don’t bet. I can certainly be emotional and passionate, but it’s more about being FOR someone, and not about being AGAINST anyone. This is why I don’t get the anti-UC stuff by our fans any more than I get the anti-X stuff by their fans. It just seems so silly to me. I don’t need to be against UC (or anyone else) just to prove how for XU that I am. At this point in my life I don’t let a Xavier loss ruin my day and I don’t get any pleasure out of watching UC lose either. It’s just fun and games, it’s entertainment. When the game is over, it’s over. I enjoy watching sports, talking sports, playing sports. How the teams I root for do, or how the teams I don’t root for do, doesn’t change that. Unless it’s Duke...F**K Duke and all of their fans! :).

To each their own....

Soooo. You hate Dook - that Xavier has zero to do with, but are all wine & roses with the school that is 3 miles away, who’s fans diss Xavier as “Little Brother” at every opportunity, and the basketball squad that is determined to steal your local lunch money. Makes perfect sense.
    Go ahead on.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I’m certainly OK with that, if that works for you. But it doesn’t work for me, and I think that is true for others too. I don’t care much for trash talking. I don’t bet. I can certainly be emotional and passionate, but it’s more about being FOR someone, and not about being AGAINST anyone. This is why I don’t get the anti-UC stuff by our fans any more than I get the anti-X stuff by their fans. It just seems so silly to me. I don’t need to be against UC (or anyone else) just to prove how for XU that I am. At this point in my life I don’t let a Xavier loss ruin my day and I don’t get any pleasure out of watching UC lose either. It’s just fun and games, it’s entertainment. When the game is over, it’s over. I enjoy watching sports, talking sports, playing sports. How the teams I root for do, or how the teams I don’t root for do, doesn’t change that. Unless it’s Duke...F**K Duke and all of their fans! :).

To each their own....
    You should be a millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    You should be a millennial.
    Nope.....just an old guy who was taught at an early age to not disrespect their opponent. Probably the fact that I trained and traveled with competitors from many other schools during the “off” season has some effect on my outlook. I have many friends that were once people I competed against. I found out that after I got to know them, they were good people. After I graduated and became a local HS coach I also became friends with many college coaches...some from UC. Also good people. My brother and many of my HS teammates and friends went to UC. Why should I “hate” any of them or the school?

The Duke comment was a joke.....lighten up people. I could give two hoots about Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Nope.....just an old guy who was taught at an early age to not disrespect their opponent. Probably the fact that I trained and traveled with competitors from many other schools during the “off” season has some effect on my outlook. I have many friends that were once people I competed against. I found out that after I got to know them, they were good people. After I graduated and became a local HS coach I also became friends with many college coaches...some from UC. Also good people. My brother and many of my HS teammates and friends went to UC. Why should I “hate” any of them or the school?

The Duke comment was a joke.....lighten up people. I could give two hoots about Duke.
    Because you don't play for XU or UC and sports aren't real life (at least for fans). They're supposed to entertain you and give you an illogical reason to hate a team/school just because they're your rival.