Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Well, except for the Shockers :)
    I was talking specifically about UC. I don't have anything against anyone else in the AAC. I'd generally prefer AAC teams to do well as opposed to your average Big Ten or ACC team.

Here's what I want to know.

Is there any college in the country that is NOT a "Special Place"?
    That is the ultimate Buzzword for any new coach or departing coach. Everything is special. (YAWN)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Is there any college in the country that is NOT a "Special Place"?
    I tried to think of a place no one could possibly describe as a "special place". I came up with Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Using the Google machine, I checked to see if I could find anyone willing to call UAPB a special place. At this link (http://www.uapb.edu/administration/e...ents_page.aspx) it is, sure enough, described as a "special place". Therefore, I have now scientifically proven that there is no college in the United States that is not a "special place".

Also, UCLA should be in great shape. Mick's bringing the significant ingredient with him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1120336532945158144
    Is that, like....in a Petrie dish?

===
    Last edited by sirthought; 04-22-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Any place that has Makers Mark, is a "special place."

For example: Danas is a special place.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Any place that has Makers Mark, is a "special place."

For example: Danas is a special place.
    Don’t know about that making it special.....but where there is Maker’s it is definitely GOOD!

A "special place" is otherwise known as coach speak for a university that was willing to pay them more and give them a big, fat contract. Its such bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    A "special place" is otherwise known as coach speak for a university that was willing to pay them more and give them a big, fat contract. Its such bullshit
    Sure it is, but what else should we expect a coach to say?

“This is a really crappy place and the facilities suck. The education and degree aren’t worth the paper they are written on. But, they are willing to pay me more money than I ever expected I would make. And that’s makes them a special kind of stupid.”

Translated.....”this is a special place”.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I tried to think of a place no one could possibly describe as a "special place". I came up with Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Using the Google machine, I checked to see if I could find anyone willing to call UAPB a special place. At this link (http://www.uapb.edu/administration/e...ents_page.aspx) it is, sure enough, described as a "special place". Therefore, I have now scientifically proven that there is no college in the United States that is not a "special place".
    Thank you Go. I can now rest easy that every single college in America is a "special place"- except for, of course, Clifton College of Zero Knowledge.
    I have a great politically incorrect statement to go with that, but I'm sure that many would take it as offensive. I only spread Love.

Meanwhile I am rife with anticipation that Curtis will opt out of his LOI and Cumberland will stay in the draft. Meanwhile we'll see how Brannen recruits now that he has to get a higher level kid than he did at No KY. He's gonna be competing now with Travis, Mack, Holtman, Calapari, Archie, Painter and Thuggins for high level tri-state kids. He could just take second tier at No KY but that ain't gonna pacify the Clifton Cretins. He also hasn't won any games vs High Level competition either in his 3 years. Vs. lower level Horizon League and loops of that ilk, ok but he's in the big time now.

Different stratosphere.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell