Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oh.x.mi View Post
    don't you know we can't trash talk clifton community college anymore here, mor? Ruffles too many feathers. Sad to see, but that's the reality now.
    lllllllllllllllll............oooooooooooooo....... ....lllllllllllll!!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Can't believe no one posted this yet, but....

Samari Curtis has decommitted and received his release from SucKS. He already received an offer from Virginia Tech. The Clifton College of zero Knowledge has ZERO, That's NADA recruits now in the incoming 2019 class.

Cumberland has declared for the draft and chances are he ain't coming back either. Brooks is gone. The Borecats are about to enter a very long nuclear winter....in a second rate conference that is about to be dominated by Houston and Kelvin Sampson.

Damn!!! You just hate to see it.
    Curtis had a weird recruiting process, just expected to blow up and receive offers bigger than X so he decided to jump ship, and now probably will be heading to Virginia Tech who just lost their coach to Texas A&M, though I think Virginia Tech made a pretty decent hire in Mike Young, regardless hilarious to see UC with absolutely zero commits for this class, this could bite them for years down the line in terms of depth. You hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Curtis had a weird recruiting process, just expected to blow up and receive offers bigger than X so he decided to jump ship, and now probably will be heading to Virginia Tech who just lost their coach to Texas A&M, though I think Virginia Tech made a pretty decent hire in Mike Young, regardless hilarious to see UC with absolutely zero commits for this class, this could bite them for years down the line in terms of depth. You hate to see it.
    Brannen is gonna get tested really quickly to see if he can bring in any higher than 2 star recruits. He's in a different stratosphere now with zero base or assistants to go from. They are already missing this recruiting period and if he doesn't hire some assistants soon, they will really be behind the 8 ball for the summer. Brannen might shift some kids who were gonna go to NKY to SucKS but that won't cut it at this level game in and game out.

Bottom line is that if Cumberland goes, then Clifton College will suck for a lonnnng time.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    We'll see about Young. He had a career .551 win loss at Wofford, although he's been much better the last 7-8 years. He didn't have a winning season until his 7th year there.

Brannen is gonna get tested really quickly to see if he can bring in any higher than 2 star recruits. He's in a different stratosphere now with zero base or assistants to go from. They are already missing this recruiting period and if he doesn't hire some assistants soon, they will really be behind the 8 ball for the summer. Brannen might shift some kids who were gonna go to NKY to SucKS but that won't cut it at this level game in and game out.

Bottom line is that if Cumberland goes, then Clifton College will suck for a lonnnng time.
    Yup totally agree, it's not ideal to have zero commitments right now, and it's not like 4* recruits are lining up to play for UC, it'll be interesting to see how he handles the transition and how he'll be able to figure this class out, but he's definitely behind the 8 ball right now. Losing Cumberland would cripple UC, and make things that much harder for him.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    We'll see about Young. He had a career .551 win loss at Wofford, although he's been much better the last 7-8 years. He didn't have a winning season until his 7th year there.
    I agree here too, definitely not the sexiest hire, but Virginia Tech is a tough place to really attract an incredible coach. I thought it was strange for Buzz Williams to go there, but he is a good coach. It's tough being in the ACC and having to compete with all of those blue bloods year in and year out, and Blacksburg, though a beautiful area, isn't the greatest place to be in the world. I still think Young has potential to do okay there, especially if he can channel the success he's had at Wofford the past decade, things started out rough in his tenure but he found some footing recently.

Sophomore

Kinda crazy that he still hasn't hired any assistants. I thought and still think he was a good hire, but he hasn't started very strongly so far. Still, its early

Drama in Clifton

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Kinda crazy that he still hasn't hired any assistants. I thought and still think he was a good hire, but he hasn't started very strongly so far. Still, its early
    Maybe Kenyon Martin is interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjf123; 05-05-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Brannen has hired one of his assistants from NKU and according to the staff directory they have two people from the old staff. They still have their strength coach too.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Maybe Kenyon Martin is interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He committed to Vanderbilt

Here’s what 247 has as their prospects. Yikes!

https://247sports.com/college/cincin...tball/Targets/

Boy. The Borecat Board is just that. A snoooooozer, kinda like Brannen is doing now.

They have all their eggs on Cumberland coming back. Do we really expect that to happen? I'd have a hard time seeing it. I have heard that he is a candidate to actually graduate this year, but I can't confirm that. If he actually can graduate, I gotta say that "He Gone".