Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So, what is his status for next year?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

What am I missing? The kid is getting over a major knee surgery and an achilles tear, both of which are really hard to come back from. I'll have to trust Steele on this, but it seems like there are several options out there that don't involve taking a risk on this kind of comeback.

For all I know, he'll be an ace off the bench for us, but getting that last 2% doesn't usually involve this kind of risk.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post

The two deep is starting to look really nice:

Q - Kyky*
    Paul - Moore
    Naj - Dah*
    Carter - Don - Ramsey*
    Rique - Freemantle* - Dieonte

*know these guys can play multiple positions, just didn't feel like repeating a name in the depth chart.
    That’s pretty damn impressive when you see it laid out!

Think about it, after Steele was hired, this what we had:

1 - Q (Scruggs)
    2 - Scruggs (Harden)
    3 - Open (Naji)
    4 - Naji (James)
    5 - Tyrique (Walter)

For some reason, feel a little better moving into next season.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    What am I missing? The kid is getting over a major knee surgery and an achilles tear, both of which are really hard to come back from. I'll have to trust Steele on this, but it seems like there are several options out there that don't involve taking a risk on this kind of comeback.

For all I know, he'll be an ace off the bench for us, but getting that last 2% doesn't usually involve this kind of risk.
    Where have you seen he had an achilles tear? hasn't been mentioned at all and I can't find anything about it. Also, he had surgery in april of 2018... He's been playing full go basketball since January, just not with Western Michigan, so as to preserve his eligibility. Also, ACL injuries really aren't all that hard to come back from anymore unless you do it more than once.

Where have you seen he had an achilles tear? hasn't been mentioned at all and I can't find anything about it. Also, he had surgery in april of 2018... He's been playing full go basketball since January, just not with Western Michigan, so as to preserve his eligibility. Also, ACL injuries really aren't all that hard to come back from anymore unless you do it more than once.
    It's right in the Enquirer article about him.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...re/3500106002/

The ACL is worrisome because he played all year on it and they didn't know. Not a good sign for healing. But maybe he's fine. Just seems like a big risk when others likely want to play at Xavier.

He never tore his Achilles. He’s good to go....

It was an achilles sprain according to the article.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    It's right in the Enquirer article about him.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...re/3500106002/

The ACL is worrisome because he played all year on it and they didn't know. Not a good sign for healing. But maybe he's fine. Just seems like a big risk when others likely want to play at Xavier.
    he had a sprained achilles, pretty significantly different than tearing an achilles and having surgery to repair it.

As for the ACL, I played my entire senior season of football, knowingly, on a torn ACL. My surgeon, a former UofM football player, told me the worst that could happen with playing through it was that they would have to scope my meniscus in addition to ACL repair. As for recovery, it all comes down to how you rehab it, and strengthening your hamstrings and quads in BOTH legs. Also about being mentally ready to come back. Him being a D1 athlete with access to pretty substantial training resources, I really don't have great concern with it.

Sophomore
    Hell krampelj at creighton has come back from it 3 times. Not nearly the career ended it used to be

I see a big change in Tempo next year, given this lineup.

We can play small ball and push the pace.