Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
So do you think Kaiser would have developed his game more at Xavier as a student-athlete this past year instead of the Windy City Bulls? If it was his desire to play in the NBA then leaving early was his best route. Whether he has the talent to play in the league is a different debate.
I'm not sure what your questions really is....

My point is that guys leave early for various reasons and sometimes they make no sense at all. At no point did Gates exhibit during Xavier tenure a talent level that would have suggested he could even develop into a NBA player. Extremely inconsistent. No ability to put the ball on the floor. Not an especially strong defender and not a great rebounder. He could get hot from 3 and that was basically it. But, I guess if you want to leave early to "develop you game" you can. Could he have improved at Xavier.....sure, but not enough to really make a difference either way IMHO.

Some kids want the college experience.......some kids don't care. Personally, I get the degree and then go play in Europe or give the D league a shot. That's just me. Rarely do you see guys that don't get drafted in the first 2 rounds actually make an NBA roster for an extended period of time.