Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Who will win the Big East?

With the Marquette implosion, who do you like to win the Big East? Seems to me X, Seton Hall and of course 'Nova seem to be the frontrunners now.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    X, Nova, Seton Hall, or Marquette. I think Marquette will still be pretty good, just not top 10 good. Powell obviously has to come back for Seton Hall.

I think BE can legit get 7 teams in tourney next year. For sure 6.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think Marquette will still be pretty good, just not top 10 good.
    i'm thinking they'll fall harder than that. The hausers were hugely important to that team. I don’t think they have any shot at winning the big east next year without them

I think it’s a three horse race between x, nova and seton hall with creighton and Providence nipping closely behind the heels of the top 3.
    Last edited by scoscox; 04-17-2019 at 02:13 AM.

We池e returning what, 6 or 7 scholarship players? That means we値l be relying on freshman A LOT, depending on any incoming grad transfers. It痴 a great freshman class, but they値l still be freshmen. We might struggle a bit early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    We’re returning what, 6 or 7 scholarship players? That means we’ll be relying on freshman A LOT, depending on any incoming grad transfers. It’s a great freshman class, but they’ll still be freshmen. We might struggle a bit early on.

We return 4 starters from last years team and bring in a proven player/starter in Jason Carter. Those 5 guys will be the core of the team and a few of the freshmen just need to be solid role players. I have a feeling we will get one more grad transfer too.

I keep forgetting about Carter. I知 thinking Tyrique, Naji, Paul, Q, and Dontarius, plus the one who had to sit for a year whose name escapes me. Depending on how well the frosh adapt to D1, it could be a short bench again.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    We’re returning what, 6 or 7 scholarship players? That means we’ll be relying on freshman A LOT, depending on any incoming grad transfers. It’s a great freshman class, but they’ll still be freshmen. We might struggle a bit early on.
    Out of all the BE teams Xavier will be the least likely to struggle. Looks like will start 2 seniors and 3 juniors, 4 of which will receive All BE consideration. These guys are going to gobble up a lot of minutes but Coach Steele has to integrate the freshman early and often. Plus who knows what James and Hanson will add to the mix.

As far as predicting the conference champs, my darkhorse is G-Town.....those 3 freshman are now sophs and they can flat out ball. Yurtseven will be a nightmare for all who cross his path and I am predicting Pickett to breakout in a big way.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I think that we should be in the top 3-4 teams again.

.......If we keep all of our guys and no one leaves. KyKy is going to help right away. I would expect Dahmir to help some as well as Freemantle.

Miles is a long shot to even play next year and Ramsey I have no idea.

Carter is going to help right away.......

Would be surprised if we don't get a solid grad transfer and another frosh.

Supporting Member
    Villanova will be the favorite and they should be.

Gilespie
    Bey
    Cosby roundtree
    Samuels
    Swider

And they have two mc d all americans who will contribute right away as well as another top 50 recruit.

While x has a good recruiting class, nova is in a different "league" right now.

Nova has three returning starters and a better recruiting class, I regrettably pick them...again

I will say that where x has an advantage is that our core 4 will be in their second year of being primary scoring options...bey and Samuels will be adjusting to that role.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-17-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Villanova will be the favorite and they should be.

Gilespie
    Bey
    Cosby roundtree
    Samuels
    Swider

And they have two mc d all americans who will contribute right away as well as another top 50 recruit.

While x has a good recruiting class, nova is in a different "league" right now.

Nova has three returning starters and a better recruiting class, I regrettably pick them...again

I will say that where x has an advantage is that our core 4 will be in their second year of being primary scoring options...bey and Samuels will be adjusting to that role.
    Yeah I think Nova should be favored. However, their McDonald's AA from last year was a total bust for them. Lets hope at least 1 for next year is too!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17