Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior

Trouble in Milwaukee

Both of the Hausers are transferring from Marquette. Per Goodman and others. They thanked everyone but the coaching staff in their statement.

All-Conference
    Wow...that's pretty shocking. They are top 10 worthy with everyone coming back.

Does Markus Howard change his mind too?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Howard already said last Friday he was coming back. I wonder if that was part of the reason the Hausers want to transfer.

As I said in another thread, I wonder if we should really be shocked when you consider how sudden Marquette's collapse was back in February.

No doubt Howard takes a ridiculous amount of shots and these guys wanted to be a bigger part of the offense..........makes sense to me.....

I was just reading that they are from Stevens Point, WI, which is where Tony Bennet's dad coached for years and where Tony is from. If they end up at UVA, I smell a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I was just reading that they are from Stevens Point, WI, which is where Tony Bennet's dad coached for years and where Tony is from. If they end up at UVA, I smell a rat.
    After rethinking this tragic loss for the Big East, I only imagine the Hausers want more offensive PT and will agree to sit out a year and play for Virginia where they think it is more likely to get more attention and go to a Final 4. It is only 1 year of eligibility so that smells fishy. I would rather give up college and play in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    After rethinking this tragic loss for the Big East, I only imagine the Hausers want more offensive PT and will agree to sit out a year and play for Virginia where they think it is more likely to get more attention and go to a Final 4. It is only 1 year of eligibility so that smells fishy. I would rather give up college and play in Europe.
    Yeah this is strange for sure, I don't see why they'd choose to transfer now, just doesn't really add up, and not thanking the coaching staff leads me to have even more questions about this whole ordeal..

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Bad look for Wojo. How many seniors who have to sit a year transfer without a coaching change? Especially from a team that was going to be top 10. Its gotta be either Wojo or Howard. Maybe it was Howard deciding to come back but even then that is a bad look that Wojo couldn't anticipate and manage that.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sucks to lose you #2 and #3. Top 5-10 team to who knows. Maybe they got tired of watching Markus hog the ball.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Both of the Hausers are transferring from Marquette. Per Goodman and others. They thanked everyone but the coaching staff in their statement.
    That seemed like a glaring omission to me too.

Did Wojo say something to piss them off? Are they no longer buying into the Wojo way?

Was Mr. "It's all about me" Howard hogging the ball too much.

Whatever it is, I look forward to hearing the juicy true Hollywood story.