Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Snow Hill is about 17 miles further out 73 from Majestic Springs and is a Country Club that was opened to the public several years ago. It's a much nicer course than Majestic Springs and usually in better condition. It's worth the drive.
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by BENWAR View Post
    Another vote for Heatherwoode!

Stonelick is the best public course in Cincinnati but will cost you. It also is the best place to have a drink after with number nine and eighteen on either side of you.
    I can also throw a vote for Heatherwoode. Yankee Trace in Centerville is another nice course. For awhile, a group of guys I used to work with got on a kick of courses closer to Dayton. We rotated between Pipestone, Heatherwoode, and Yankee Trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like I need to check out Stonelick and Heatherwoode.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Snow Hill is about 17 miles further out 73 from Majestic Springs and is a Country Club that was opened to the public several years ago. It's a much nicer course than Majestic Springs and usually in better condition. It's worth the drive.
    From what I gather, Majestic Springs was in pretty bad shape a few years ago. Since, they have worked very hard to clean up the course. The greens and fairways were in great shape the last two times I"ve played there. But Snow Hill was another recommendation. My good friend told me the exact same thing about it going from Country Club to public. It looks like I need to get over there.

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like I need to check out Stonelick and Heatherwoode.

From what I gather, Majestic Springs was in pretty bad shape a few years ago. Since, they have worked very hard to clean up the course. The greens and fairways were in great shape the last two times I"ve played there. But Snow Hill was another recommendation. My good friend told me the exact same thing about it going from Country Club to public. It looks like I need to get over there.
    Interesting sidelight about Stonelick is that the area between the #1 and #10 fairways is fenced in and inhabited by 2 large buffalo's.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I can also throw a vote for Heatherwoode. Yankee Trace in Centerville is another nice course. For awhile, a group of guys I used to work with got on a kick of courses closer to Dayton. We rotated between Pipestone, Heatherwoode, and Yankee Trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed... I live in Springboro and these are all very nice courses. I also like Shaker Run in Lebanon.

Here is my power ranking, although I don't live in Cincy anymore so can't speak to present course conditions. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Stonelick Hills - Best public course in the area by a pretty good margin, IMHO.
    Vineyard - Best value in a public course. Also very walkable if you like to walk when you golf.
    Legendary Run - Nice course and generally in pretty good shape, but can have some pretty bad pace of play issues, so tee off early.
    Elk's Run - Great layout and has the potential to be #2 on the list, but conditions are inconsistent. Recommend playing it early in the season.
    Shaker Run - Similar to Elk's Run in that condition can be a pretty big issue
    Blue Ash Golf Course - Solid public course. Walkable.
    California Golf Course - Solid public course. Walkable. Pace can be an issue.
    Eat Donuts!

So, a bit of an update. Recently played Stonelick Hills, and let me say, it's an absolutely beautiful course. Very large greens, well maintained, friendly, and the bison add a unique touch (wagging their tails when we drove by),

As for local play (closer to home), price, and convenience, Hickory Woods REALLY impressed me. I still have to hit a bunch of courses on the "suggested list" here, but given the weather this year and other limitations, it's probably my favorite local place to play golf.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    So, a bit of an update. Recently played Stonelick Hills, and let me say, it's an absolutely beautiful course. Very large greens, well maintained, friendly, and the bison add a unique touch (wagging their tails when we drove by),

As for local play (closer to home), price, and convenience, Hickory Woods REALLY impressed me. I still have to hit a bunch of courses on the "suggested list" here, but given the weather this year and other limitations, it's probably my favorite local place to play golf.
    I like Hickory a lot too. It is always in great shape, has a nice mix of easier and challenging holes, and is priced right. And if you can play on a weekday, it is not crowded.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)