Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cincinnati Area Golf Suggestions

Hey fellow Musketeer fans! I've noticed a recent PGA thread, so there MUST be some golfers out there. I've recently relocated, and I'm back in the Cincinnati area (a little northeast of Cincinnati). Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions on public courses. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Two courses I've already played in the general area:

Wilmington - Majestic Springs Golf Course (Friendly, very well maintained, and decent prices)
    Goshen - Deer Track (Busy, Island Par 3, ALOT of potential, and very friendly staff... saw a cart girl in an X shirt... so great management ;)

Just purchased a coupon book from cincigolf, looking to hit the links (when I can this Summer). Suggestions appreciated.

On the East side, Stonelick Hills, the Vineyard, Legendary, and for not much $$, California.

Sign up for the AFO outing coming up in June and if you really want to have fun, sign up for the Dana's outing (Sept/Oct) to support cheerleaders and mascots.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    On the East side, Stonelick Hills, the Vineyard, Legendary, and for not much $$, California.

Sign up for the AFO outing coming up in June and if you really want to have fun, sign up for the Dana's outing (Sept/Oct) to support cheerleaders and mascots.
    Thanks and repped! The first on the hit list is Hickory Woods, near Loveland. Great reviews and good scenery. Stonelick Hills, The Vineyard, Legendary, and California are now on the radar. From there, I may decide to take a back channel to contact BJ, and support our mighty muskies. When we can't watch basketball might as well golf!
    Last edited by tacopizza885; 04-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post

I have a buddy I stay with on my annual trip to Cincinnati and he lives at Legendary Run. Looks like my kind of place.

Blue Ash GC & Sharon Woods Gc are nice but popular; Kings Island is still OK.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Waldon Ponds in Hamilton is very nice. Pipestone in Miamisburg, just south of Dayton, is also very good. At least it was the last time I played it a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

We're lucky that we have a nice amount of good county courses - Vineyard, Sharon, Mill course. Glenview is also a good one. Also agree what was said about Stonelick and Legendary Run - really nice courses.

Stonelick Hills is the best public course in the area and the price reflects it. It would also be well worth your time to take a trip to Springboro to play Heatherwood. Elks Run is a very nice Greg Norman design course but I haven't played it for a while and don't know about the present condition.

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    Hey fellow Musketeer fans! I've noticed a recent PGA thread, so there MUST be some golfers out there. I've recently relocated, and I'm back in the Cincinnati area (a little northeast of Cincinnati). Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions on public courses. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Two courses I've already played in the general area:

Wilmington - Majestic Springs Golf Course (Friendly, very well maintained, and decent prices)
    Goshen - Deer Track (Busy, Island Par 3, ALOT of potential, and very friendly staff... saw a cart girl in an X shirt... so great management ;)

Just purchased a coupon book from cincigolf, looking to hit the links (when I can this Summer). Suggestions appreciated.
    Snow Hill is about 17 miles further out 73 from Majestic Springs and is a Country Club that was opened to the public several years ago. It's a much nicer course than Majestic Springs and usually in better condition. It's worth the drive.

Another vote for Heatherwoode!

Stonelick is the best public course in Cincinnati but will cost you. It also is the best place to have a drink after with number nine and eighteen on either side of you.