Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Harden in the Portal

per Shannon Russell
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Anyone know if this always means they are def transferring? I would assume that means so but they can pull out of the portal right? Find out who has interest? I would think Elias could be a big part of the teams plans next year.

Anyone have any examples of someone being in the portal and returning to their current school?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    A bit surprised and I was really looking forward to seeing him aa an upperclassman. Kinda wonder if this means we are about to sign someone.

Hope it works out for Elias.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Anyone know if this always means they are def transferring? I would assume that means so but they can pull out of the portal right? Find out who has interest? I would think Elias could be a big part of the teams plans next year.

Anyone have any examples of someone being in the portal and returning to their current school?
    Yes that's correct, you can pull out of the portal at any time (all the examples I have are for college football but I could list them if you really want), it's a way to gauge interest, though the vast majority do end up leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    A bit surprised and I was really looking forward to seeing him aa an upperclassman. Kinda wonder if this means we are about to sign someone.
    Yeah, same thought, first instinct was that I'm curious if that means anything with Harvey, and if he's gonna get added to the class. Kind of bummed about this is Elias does leave, because he showed some awesome flashes throughout this season, I really think he could contribute and be a knock down shooter in the future, but I can definitely understand wanting a bigger role on a team. Definitely wish him the best.

Not surprising.

He didn't play much this year, and with the incoming class, I think would see less time next year.

He really wasn't the shooter we thought he would be- shot 35% at X overall and 32% from the three, although he shot better this year. He did hustle on defense.

Good luck to him.
    Last edited by XU 87; 04-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I hope he succeeds wherever he goes - best of luck Elias!

Kira Lewis was in the portal for about a week when Avery Johnson got let go at Alabama. Once they hired Nate Oats about a week later, he announced he'd be returning.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Am wondering that as well.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Am wondering that as well.
    highly likely