Tyrique Jones entering NBA Draft process (without an agent)

Just saw this on his Instagram. I'm sure he will end up returning... I hope

Junior
    Cant remember...can you only test this once now and then second time you have to stay in?

I'm surprised Naji and Paul haven't entered their names to be honest. I'd be pretty shocked if either of them stay 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Cant remember...can you only test this once now and then second time you have to stay in?

I'm surprised Naji and Paul haven't entered their names to be honest. I'd be pretty shocked if either of them stay 4 years.
    I think you can actually enter your name in to the NBA Draft three times total now.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if Naji, Scruggs and Q do the same. There's no reason not to.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Bluiett also entered his name in the draft multiple times - I forget if he declared once or twice before his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Bluiett also entered his name in the draft multiple times - I forget if he declared once or twice before his senior year.
    I think just once I'm pretty sure, it was Junior year heading into Senior and after he announced he was staying the hype train rolled along well, I'm not a huge Calipari fan but I do like his approach of making everybody declare, it doesn't hurt, and shows you areas that you need to improve on which can be addressed during off-season work out. The only negative is if it takes someone completely away from their strengths, because they are so focused on improving weaknesses (like for example if Scruggs turned into someone that just launched 10 3's a game instead of attacking the rim and what not), but I think overall all of em should declare, just hope all of them come back!

he entered his name into the draft after his sophomore and junior years
    Last edited by scoscox; 04-10-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

Interesting rule change with hiring agents.

“Among the most significant changes are allowing college players to be represented by agents that the NCAA deems legitimate, and permitting athletes to remain eligible for college play if they enter the professional draft but decide to return to college.”

“Agents would be allowed to cover only limited expenses such as meals and transportation, and the contract with them would need to be terminated if the athlete went back to college.”