Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    Now that’s funny.

Interesting side note: Patrick Reed is 75/1 currently. Last year when he won he was 50/1 to start the tournament. Must be difficult to repeat!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Now that’s funny.

Interesting side note: Patrick Reed is 75/1 currently. Last year when he won he was 50/1 to start the tournament. Must be difficult to repeat!
    Well, it has only been done three times and two of the times were by arguably the first and second best players of all time; jack and tiger. The other was faldo. That, plus the fact that Reed's game has been pretty awful since that win, is why the odds are where they are.

I've been trying the Masters lottery for about the last 15 years but haven't hit yet. Enjoy your time in golf nirvana!
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    I've been trying the Masters lottery for about the last 15 years but haven't hit yet. Enjoy your time in golf nirvana!
    Me too...I have two year old twins now...I'm hoping that when I finally do hit that lottery that the kids are at an age where they know to be quiet and I can take them with me. If I never hit that lottery, one day I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous freight...one of those bucket list items that I just need to do.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    Hey man, cut me some slack. It's really no different from putting down a blanket to reserve space at a concert or fireworks. And when you put your chair down early on 16, there will be no golfers coming through for at least 4 hours. Frankly because I had bought two chairs last year, I actually considered putting them down on both 16 and 12. I didn't because that would have been legitimately annoying.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I actually did, but it was on a Monday so it didn't count. Even so, I was tempted to call for a groundskeeper.
    Honestly, I'm a bit shocked. I went to a practice round abut 20 years ago. The course was immaculate. I didn't see one weed.
    Last edited by XU 87; 04-11-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Honestly, I'm a bit shocked. I went to a practice round abut 20 years ago. The course was immaculate. I didn't see one weed.
    I was shocked too. It was some kind of smallish vine growing on a magnolia tree. Just disgusting!!!!!!
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I have been twice, including last year's Saturday round....moving day. Here is what I have learned.

(1) Get there and be in line when the gates open. That will allow you into the pro shop before the lines to get into the shop go nuts. It also will allow you to plop down a chair somewhere. And I suggest buying a chair at the shop if you don't have one you want to bring. The chairs are awesome and cheap! They also have a slot in the back with an ID form to write in your name so you can find it among the thousands of identical chairs.

(2) Last year I put my chair by the 16th green, a good spot if you are in the first couple of rows. We were a bit late getting there because we had stopped in the pro shop, and I wished I had gotten there sooner. But 16 is a great spot. That said, I will put my chair on the right side of the tee box on 12 if I get lucky enough to go again. A rope-side spot was available and from there you can see the 11th green (not visible from the left side of the tee box), the 12th entire hole, and the 13th tee. Great location! And BTW, don't worry about people taking your stuff or moving your chair...doesn't seem to happen in Augusta. When I left my chair on 16 last year, I left with it a second chair, a Master's umbrella, and a shirt...all were there when I returned a couple of hours later.

(3) You get on the course before anyone tees off. This allows you to (a) go sit at the driving range (a beautiful spot), and (b) walk the course (backwards from 18) without missing much play. Last year, when I got to one of the earlier holes, I realized that the group on the tee was two groups in front of Tiger. So we waited. When Tiger reached the tee, the crowd surged but we were on the rope in the landing area. Tiger pushed his drive right, and it landed about 20 feet in front of me in the pine straw. So I got to see his recovery shot up close and personal. After walking the course, get to your chair and watch the groups come through. The nice thing about 16 is that you will see almost everyone even after walking the course.

(4) Remember that nobody hollers or runs at the Masters. The first time I went, my entry tag slipped off without my noticing it. I heard someone calling out behind me, but not loudly. They had my tag but couldn't holler or run to catch me. Last year, I bought a sleeve for the tag, another recommendation.

Finally, have a blast and prepare to be there from dawn to dusk. You will never see another place like it. Plus everyone has a smile on their face because they are having the best day of their life.
    Isn't that the truth! One of the craziest phenomenons in sports culture. It's like a polished, open-air cathedral that is off-limits to weeds, where thousands of people find a way to behave in unison.
    X A V I E R

I was shocked too. It was some kind of smallish vine growing on a magnolia tree. Just disgusting!!!!!!
    Keep that to yourself. You don't want the groundskeeper fired.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Keep that to yourself. You don't want the groundskeeper fired.
    Isn’t the groundskeeper a Louisville fan in his free time? Forget that guy!