Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I obviously don’t know, but I seriously he gets THERE. Too much quality competition these days.
    I agree. It will be tough to get four more major titles. Wouldn’t mind him tying Jack’s record. Each was the greatest of their generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    I obviously don’t know, but I seriously he gets THERE. Too much quality competition these days.
    I think he wins another one this year either at pebble or bethpage. If he stays healthy ( which who the heck knows), I think he beats it...realistically (again if he stays healthy), he probably has 6 or 7 years left of having enough length and skill to win. Let's go lower end and say 6....that's 24 chances....would you bet against him winning 4 of those? I sure as heck wouldn't.

Supporting Member
    I hope you are very young as this is a prime case of recency bias. A very nice story but the greatest comeback in the history of sports! It isn’t even in golf. You may wish to read about Ben Hogan.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    I hope you are very young as this is a prime case of recency bias. A very nice story but the greatest comeback in the history of sports! It isn’t even in golf. You may wish to read about Ben Hogan.
    I'm not very young and I'm quite aware of Ben Hogan. I stand by my statement. Woods had quite more to overcome admittedly many were self inflicted but none the less more than hogan
    Last edited by Xville; 04-14-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Hope you're right.

I respect him for his accomplishments. It's touching to see him with his kids and mother. Today was a great achievement, and the steel in his eyes on the back nine and his play were something to witness.

BUT, forgiveness aside, in no way, shape or form should that guy pass Jack's record. If he does, so be it, but damn.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm not very young and I'm quite aware of Ben Hogan. I stand by my statement. Woods had quite more to overcome admittedly many were self inflicted but none the less more than hogan
    I wasn't old enough to witness Hogan, but coming back from that car accident far exceeds anything Woods had to endure.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I wasn't old enough to witness Hogan, but coming back from that car accident far exceeds anything Woods had to endure.
    I think your judgement is clouded based on your dislike for woods' personal transgressions

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Not a Tiger fan, wasnt before his life went to shit (relatively speaking of course) or after. I do not cheer for him to win, and I honestly hope he doesnt win another let alone get the record.

But there is no denying golf is much more entertaining and interesting with Tiger in contention.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think your judgement is clouded based on your dislike for woods' personal transgressions
    You would be wrong about that.

You need to look up Hogan's story and then decide. If you still feel the way you presently feel about it, then we'll respectfully disagree about it.

I'm focused on comparing them on a relevant basis: what they respectively came back from. This has nothing to do with Tiger's transgressions.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.pga.c...ears-ago-today
    Last edited by xudash; 04-14-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    You would be wrong about that.

You need to look up Hogan's story and then decide. If you still feel the way you presently feel about it, then we'll respectfully disagree about it.

I'm focused on comparing them on a relevant basis: what they respectively came back from. This has nothing to do with Tiger's transgressions.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.pga.c...ears-ago-today
    I already said I knew the story. Tiger had along the same physical ailments on top of admittedly self inflicted issues which obviously I dont condone but still things he had to overcome. He also lost his game for several years. We will agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-15-2019 at 06:00 AM.