Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    John Daly autographs woman’s booty

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBPOOfFQX3/

We did it a couple years ago for the first time. Cell phone stays in the car! Catch you with it and you’re out, plus they take the pass. (IF you can even get thru security with it.) We used the passes on a Thursday that belonged to family friends. Take that pass, and our benefactors cannot go the next three days. Pretty lousy way to treat such generous people!

I think the topography will surprise you. TV doesn’t really capture how hillyit is, at least in my mind. It’s a good workout!

The food and drink is cheap. They don’t need any more money, they have most of it already.

It’s a podunk little town. Outside of the glorious course, don’t expect a lot of fine dining or anything. We did see John Daly at a Hooters drinking and putting with tourists for cash.

Have an awesome time!!!

We had a difficult time meeting up with brother-in-law without phones. Never found him until we were all off the course and could get back to phones. Ah, what we take for granted! Met up at an Outback or Bonefish or something, but that was disappointing. His best friends dad was a golf pro and kind of a fixture there. Legally blind now, but sits at the same whole every year, and Jack Nicklaus comes by every year for decades to see him. Cool stuff!
    Last edited by xu82; 04-10-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    John Daly autographs woman’s booty

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBPOOfFQX3/
    That looks like the Hooters roof in the background! Look for his bus in the parking lot.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    See if you can find a weed anywhere on the golf course. I couldn't.
    I read this way different the first time lol.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I read this way different the first time lol.
    Ha! I did too. GA not down with that yet.

Two beers? And no weed? GTFO

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I have been twice, including last year's Saturday round....moving day. Here is what I have learned.

(1) Get there and be in line when the gates open. That will allow you into the pro shop before the lines to get into the shop go nuts. It also will allow you to plop down a chair somewhere. And I suggest buying a chair at the shop if you don't have one you want to bring. The chairs are awesome and cheap! They also have a slot in the back with an ID form to write in your name so you can find it among the thousands of identical chairs.

(2) Last year I put my chair by the 16th green, a good spot if you are in the first couple of rows. We were a bit late getting there because we had stopped in the pro shop, and I wished I had gotten there sooner. But 16 is a great spot. That said, I will put my chair on the right side of the tee box on 12 if I get lucky enough to go again. A rope-side spot was available and from there you can see the 11th green (not visible from the left side of the tee box), the 12th entire hole, and the 13th tee. Great location! And BTW, don't worry about people taking your stuff or moving your chair...doesn't seem to happen in Augusta. When I left my chair on 16 last year, I left with it a second chair, a Master's umbrella, and a shirt...all were there when I returned a couple of hours later.

(3) You get on the course before anyone tees off. This allows you to (a) go sit at the driving range (a beautiful spot), and (b) walk the course (backwards from 18) without missing much play. Last year, when I got to one of the earlier holes, I realized that the group on the tee was two groups in front of Tiger. So we waited. When Tiger reached the tee, the crowd surged but we were on the rope in the landing area. Tiger pushed his drive right, and it landed about 20 feet in front of me in the pine straw. So I got to see his recovery shot up close and personal. After walking the course, get to your chair and watch the groups come through. The nice thing about 16 is that you will see almost everyone even after walking the course.

(4) Remember that nobody hollers or runs at the Masters. The first time I went, my entry tag slipped off without my noticing it. I heard someone calling out behind me, but not loudly. They had my tag but couldn't holler or run to catch me. Last year, I bought a sleeve for the tag, another recommendation.

Finally, have a blast and prepare to be there from dawn to dusk. You will never see another place like it. Plus everyone has a smile on their face because they are having the best day of their life.
    Last edited by X-man; 04-11-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    See if you can find a weed anywhere on the golf course. I couldn't.
    I actually did, but it was on a Monday so it didn't count. Even so, I was tempted to call for a groundskeeper.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Anyone ever have success with ticket lottery? I don’t know enough VIPs to go.

My bets for the event:

Rose 12-1
    DeChambeau 25-1
    Fitzpatrick 125-1

Others I like but didn’t wager: Oosthuizen 40-1, Matsuyama 35-1
    Both my trips were lottery hits, two hits in my first four tries. Don't play Powerball, but maybe I should.
    Last edited by X-man; 04-11-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    People go in early, put a chair behind a rope, then go away for hours. Sort of annoying.
    That said, if you get chance to park yourself at 16 for an hour or so, it's great watching them come into and work that small green.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    (2) Last year I put my chair by the 16th green, a good spot if you are in the first couple of rows. When I left my chair on 16 last year, I left with it a second chair, a Master's umbrella, and a shirt...all were there when I returned a couple of hours later.
    Hmmmm.....
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.