Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I want a report from GO! I think Paul should do one shot of bourbon every 30 minutes until we get a report!
    Yep. Especially curious if he found any weed on the course...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Yep. Especially curious if he found any weed on the course...
    I went to a buddies new neighborhood to play some tennis today. There were some HS kids hanging out by the playground swings. Hmmmm? As soon as the last one arrives, they walk into the woods where there’s some kind of trail. They apparently found some weed in the woods. I thought it was too strong now to throw out that kind of an unmistakable cloud! From such a distance!

I don't need Go to go anywhere to do bourbon.

But I am curious about how is day went. Hopefully he wore some X gear, and comported himself as a true Muskie.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I don't need Go to go anywhere to do bourbon.

But I am curious about how is day went. Hopefully he wore some X gear, and comported himself as a true Muskie.
    Or....at least one of the two.

It was pretty great. My gift shop bill made it into 4 figures. Looked for weeds and found none. Two pimento cheese sandwiches and more than two beers were consumed. I followed the JT/Mickelson group around for a good part of the day, but JT did not reciprocate my St. X love, so fuck him. We got kicked off the course because of approaching lightning and told there was zero chance play was going to resume...and then they changed their minds right before we walked out, so we got to see the last few groups with most of the patrons having already left. We grabbed a plum spot on 16 green and watched Tiger birdie 15 from afar before he parred 16. People are pretty goofy with their Tiger love. I mean, it is seriously over the top. But this was the first time I got to see Tiger up close and personal, so I can check that off the list.

The course is amazing, but I still think golf is best watched on TV. I can't really see the ball in flight, and it's hard to follow the tournament as a whole on the grounds without Internet access. It's checked off the bucket list, and I personally wouldn't plan a trip on my own to do it again. If someone else invites me, I'll go, but I dont have a burning desire to see the place again in person. TV will suit just fine.

Oh, and my legs are still covered in mud. Kind of a gross day in Augusta weather wise.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It was pretty great. My gift shop bill made it into 4 figures. Looked for weeds and found none. Two pimento cheese sandwiches and more than two beers were consumed. I followed the JT/Mickelson group around for a good part of the day, but JT did not reciprocate my St. X love, so fuck him. We got kicked off the course because of approaching lightning and told there was zero chance play was going to resume...and then they changed their minds right before we walked out, so we got to see the last few groups with most of the patrons having already left. We grabbed a plum spot on 16 green and watched Tiger birdie 15 from afar before he parred 16. People are pretty goofy with their Tiger love. I mean, it is seriously over the top. But this was the first time I got to see Tiger up close and personal, so I can check that off the list.

The course is amazing, but I still think golf is best watched on TV. I can't really see the ball in flight, and it's hard to follow the tournament as a whole on the grounds without Internet access. It's checked off the bucket list, and I personally wouldn't plan a trip on my own to do it again. If someone else invites me, I'll go, but I dont have a burning desire to see the place again in person. TV will suit just fine.

Oh, and my legs are still covered in mud. Kind of a gross day in Augusta weather wise.
    That sums up my feelings about it. I am REALLY happy that I got to do it once, but I’d only do it again if it fell in my lap and it was nice and easy with people I liked. Next week is the Hertitage in Hilton Head. I used to live on the 10th green of that course, but watched most of the tournament in the living room on TV. Golf is better on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That sums up my feelings about it. I am REALLY happy that I got to do it once, but I’d only do it again if it fell in my lap and it was nice and easy with people I liked. Next week is the Hertitage in Hilton Head. I used to live on the 10th green of that course, but watched most of the tournament in the living room on TV. Golf is better on TV.
    Agreed.

TV and beverages of your choice.

Good for you Go. The place can overwhelm and wear you out in one shot.

Way to tee it up in the gift "shop"!
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Agreed.

TV and beverages of your choice.

Good for you Go. The place can overwhelm and wear you out in one shot.

Way to tee it up in the gift "shop"!
    It’s funny, I remember the gift shop, and my wife got more than I did, but I have NO idea what we got. I wish I’d spent more and gotten something I’d get regular use from, but we were exhausted after hoofing up and down hills on that stinking hot day!

Looks like a tight finish. Molinari has ice in his veins however.

I’m glad to see them still playing....the weather is seriously nasty not too far west of there. Fast moving storm.