Kim English hired at Tennessee

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...14577014255624

This is selfishly great news for X and keeping Jonas.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I guess this makes up for the bad news about Cronin leaving, but only a little.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'm guessing he wasnt offered but would be awesome if English got it because Hayes said no.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Not completely out of the woods. According to Tennessee message boards, another assistant is expected to take the kennessaw state job, creating another opening. But this is still better news than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Not completely out of the woods. According to Tennessee message boards, another assistant is expected to take the kennessaw state job, creating another opening. But this is still better news than the alternative.
    So, is Kim English the Associate Head Coach? Because Coach Hayes is Associate Head Coach here with Ben Johnson correct? I think unless Tennessee promises that, Coach Hayes would probably stay here (which would be amazing news for us, I thought Tyrique and Hankins looked pretty good this year)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    So, is Kim English the Associate Head Coach? Because Coach Hayes is Associate Head Coach here with Ben Johnson correct? I think unless Tennessee promises that, Coach Hayes would probably stay here (which would be amazing news for us, I thought Tyrique and Hankins looked pretty good this year)
    Not sure about Kim English, but X doesn't have an associate head coach on staff right now. Just three assistants, which makes sense, given their tenure currently.

Sophomore
    I wouldn't get too excited about Jonas yet. As mentioned before another Tennessee assistant position could be open soon. Also what is going to happen from a domino effect when Will Wade at LSU gets canned? Still a lot of potential movement. Generally the point of no return is the second live recruiting period, but with how the NCAA ruined that it might be different this year.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I would be very surprised if Kim was given the associate head coach title at Tennessee. I say that as a Mizzou homer who loves Kim, but he just isn’t there yet. (I think he will be there soon)
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I guess this makes up for the bad news about Cronin leaving, but only a little.
    I loved the talk of a "Go Fund Me" to keep our beloved despised adversary coach remain the yellow tooth gnome he is. Counting how long it takes for such a defensive (but extremely offensive, now using the other meaning) minded coach, to be run out of the bad-fit of a place that he's landed in UCLA. Good for him, cash out and be gone forever ... Similarly, polls showing we want W. Va. for the Big 12 challenge. We miss the good 'ol days when it's just so blatantly obvious.

But this thread is about Jonas. In Steele and Greg Christopher, I trust.