Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I agree, but if the money wasn't so much better, is it worth the extra headache? I guess coaches do want to challenge themselves against better competition. It will be interesting to see who they get
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Outside of the money, I have to wonder if Brannen isn't really in a better situation at NKU. I guess the ACK! is better then the horizon, but the arena is top notch and the expectations are not as high.
    Let's not get crazy. The AAC was the 6th best conference this season. The Horizon was 18th out of 32 total conferences. BB&T Arena is great, but what about the other facilities? The weight room, etc.? What about the support staff? The Under Armour deal? UC also was probably paying Mick in the mid to high 2 mill range I think and Brannen is making around $370K.

I live right down the road from NKU, have been to games there many times, driven through campus a lot. I’ve also attended many games at UC and used to live across Clifton Ace from campus.....IMHO it’s not even close. NKU is a nice school (my daughter graduated from there), but UC is a MAJOR university. The facilities, the pay, the perks, the competition, the fan support, the position is head and shoulders above what NKU will EVER be. I’m sure that Brannon wouldn’t even hesitate to say yes to UC.

Of course Brannen would never say no to UC, but my God it would be funny if he did. Stupid, but awesome.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

The luckiest man alive on this planet �� today: the Athletic Director of the Univ. of Cincinnati.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    The luckiest man alive on this planet �� today: the Athletic Director of the Univ. of Cincinnati.
    He stole our Googs, so I hate him.

I am truly shocked that they chose him. I get he has made the tournament many times but they expect someone to get to a final four and potentially win a national championship. The guy has made what... 1 sweet 16.

Then there is his personality. Just doesn’t seem like a natural fit for a west coast job. especially UCLA.

i could see him being a candidate for the St. John’s or Syracuse job (if those jobs were to open up), but UCLA?

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Of course Brannen would never say no to UC, but my God it would be funny if he did. Stupid, but awesome.
    OMG, that would be too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    OMG, that would be too funny!
    What if Mark Schmidt from St. Bonaventure accepted? I seriously doubt he would but a former X assistant and great guy would be ironic.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    What if Mark Schmidt from St. Bonaventure accepted? I seriously doubt he would but a former X assistant and great guy would be ironic.
    Pat Kelsey!

Edit: fat chance but would be interesting.

I really think they end up with Brannen.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17