Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Steele is making something in the 7 figure range. If not he will jump ship after a few successful seasons and its next man up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I am hopeful that his wife and in-laws serve as an "anchor" to Cincinnati and consequently going elsewhere never appears as an attractive option. Certainly doesn't need to move on for financial reasons. Having said that, this is obviously conditional on him being successful here and someone we would like to see continue on as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    I am hopeful that his wife and in-laws serve as an "anchor" to Cincinnati and consequently going elsewhere never appears as an attractive option. Certainly doesn't need to move on for financial reasons. Having said that, this is obviously conditional on him being successful here and someone we would like to see continue on as HC.
    I hope he stays at X for awhile. Its not like our former coaches left for some low level basketball schools. They left for OSU, UofL and Arizona. Those 3 schools would be hard to turn down for any coach out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    That's the part I'm banking on now.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'd say the chances of UCLA taking an APR postseason ban are approximately nil. The NCAA will change the rule before they ban UCLA from the NCAA Tournament over academics.
    I don't think the NCAA will change the rules, but I agree that it is approximately nil. The first year of being below a 930 is usually just a reduction in weekly practice time. They're not even to the point of ia postseason ban yet. And since this was largely due to the players who got arrested in China and left the team, I think it's safe to say that the reason they're on the fringe is because of something that doesn't normally happen.

It was an opportunity to write something that made people stop and stare. The chances of it actually getting to the point of a postseason ban are rather remote.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/sta...98503590862848

man if you didn't think mick was extremely rattled about playing at xavier before, he pretty much confirms it here

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post

man if you didn't think mick was extremely rattled about playing at xavier before, he pretty much confirms it here
    What the fuck is he doing there?!? Holy shit. And those guys basically said that getting Mick Cronin killed was fine. Also, I'm pretty sure it IS everyday that Mick Cronin gets told to fuck off. That's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post

The game was too big for Mick, and as we have seen, he couldn't control himself during or after the game. Even UC people I knew said as much.

And what a great response:

https://twitter.com/XavierMBB/status...44192475783169

Sophomore
    dude couldn't even say the word xavier he's so traumatized. really sad stuff

Sophomore
    Yeah, man, dude is such a loser making $4 million per year and coaching at an iconic, and Top 10, program. What a clown, am I right?

Message boards are so fun.

So in summary over the last 7 months on this board: Mack sucked and was over-rated, Steele is awesome, and Mick is a clown / loser. Am I keeping up with the general tone of the board accurately enough?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Yeah, man, dude is such a loser
    Yup