Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 194
  1. #171
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Because some of you will find this of interest (Link)
    I bet the UCLA admins knew how bad they were. They turned their heads/eyes. Idiots.

  2. #172
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,467
    Jamie Dixon and Rick Barnes probably found out during the interview process - I'm sure they would have been thrilled to coach with potential APR bans looming over UCLA. Their 2019 score has to be 928 or better to avoid a ban for the 2020-21 season.

  3. #173
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,561
    I'd say the chances of UCLA taking an APR postseason ban are approximately nil. The NCAA will change the rule before they ban UCLA from the NCAA Tournament over academics.

  4. #174
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,467
    2013 UConn begs to differ.

  5. #175
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Jamie Dixon and Rick Barnes probably found out during the interview process - I'm sure they would have been thrilled to coach with potential APR bans looming over UCLA. Their 2019 score has to be 928 or better to avoid a ban for the 2020-21 season.
    Well that and they didn't wanna pay P5 money buy-outs to P5 coaches as well. UCLA's administration is an absolute dump, and it blows my mind because that is a top-tier academic school, LOCATED IN FREAKING LA. Surprised they were even able to get Chip Kelly on board after watching this basketball crap come out.

  6. #176
    The article that came out in The Athletic yesterday was interesting as well. the writer got a hold of emails between Cronin and Bohn about contract negotiations and paints Cronin in a much worse light then he was already in. He was offered an incentive based deal that would have paid him 3.1 million had he just made the sweet 16 and he said no. Even the biggest of Cronin loyalists are turning on him now.

  7. #177
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,322
    Quote Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
    Even the biggest of Cronin loyalists are turning on him now.
    Do you know both of their names?

  8. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Well that and they didn't wanna pay P5 money buy-outs to P5 coaches as well. UCLA's administration is an absolute dump, and it blows my mind because that is a top-tier academic school, LOCATED IN FREAKING LA. Surprised they were even able to get Chip Kelly on board after watching this basketball crap come out.
    A
    Last edited by drudy23; 05-15-2019 at 11:03 AM.

  9. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
    The article that came out in The Athletic yesterday was interesting as well. the writer got a hold of emails between Cronin and Bohn about contract negotiations and paints Cronin in a much worse light then he was already in. He was offered an incentive based deal that would have paid him 3.1 million had he just made the sweet 16 and he said no. Even the biggest of Cronin loyalists are turning on him now.
    I'm the furthest thing from a Cronin apologist, but why would he take a contract laced with what-ifs knowing he could eventually get what he wanted in simply salary somewhere else? We all would have said no too.

  10. #180
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Jamie Dixon and Rick Barnes probably found out during the interview process - I'm sure they would have been thrilled to coach with potential APR bans looming over UCLA. Their 2019 score has to be 928 or better to avoid a ban for the 2020-21 season.
    Both wanted that job. Dixon couldn't get TCU to drop the buyout/UCLA wouldn't pay it and Barnes asked for too much money and then told UCLA he'd take their original offer. He was turned down then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •