Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    That's a fair comparison. I would've said they reminded me of BYU (until they joined the WCC). Often in the rankings, never in the Sweet Sixteen. And that's another staple of Cincinnati teams (that aren't X). They're not very good at this whole postseason thing.

They reminded me of BYU without the fan support, of course.
    Yes, but were they FUN to watch. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Maybe you just do it to annoy me. It works. :)
    No, it's just really an interest of mine. Larranaga and Smart left, and consistency suffered.
    Marshall stayed. I count 5 wins for them since '13, but I may be missing a First Four.
    In that vein, I'm surprised Moser didn't take SJU.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier used to play in an A-10 that was as bad as (and often worse than) the AAC. Xavier fans generally found a way to sneak in a game in between performances of La Boheme.
    I was going to say the same. XU was in the A10 and UC in the loaded BE at one point. So the schedule excuse or teams they play doesnt hold water with me.

I sort get where brew is going too. My favorite is anyone in Cincinnati complaining about traffic before/after a Cincinnati sporting event. It takes like 5 mins (ok maybe 10 at worst) to be on the highway after a Reds, Bengals, XU, UC game etc. I am from Cincinnati but am a fan of NY professional teams due to my dad. At Giants stadium it takes like 2 hours to get to the highway that is about 0.3 miles away.

There are a decent amount of XU fans who leave early regardless of the score. It is insane to me. It has become a running joke in our row.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

To be a season ticket holder for uc basketball do you still have to buy football? Maybe it's the other way around now... IDK. I too think it's pathetic they can't fill their arena, but they have had 2 major strikes against them that we've never experienced as Xavier supporters... X has always moved UP in conference affiliation. uc went from the #1/2 basketball conference in the country to the 7th. What would happen if the BE imploded (never gonna happen, I know) and X was forced to find refuge back in the A10 or MAC? My guess is there would be some fall out from an attendance standpoint. Second, they had a coach that was not a good ambassador at all. A lot of 'fans' really didn't like him at all and based on twitter the day he was announced at ucla many were down right elated he was gone finally. X has had really good coaches that were also pretty decent people and (at the time) cared about the fans and the program. There's never been an overwhelming sense at Xavier of "well, we're glad he's gone, now we can hire a real coach". Not defending those mouth breathing water heads in gansta's paradise but it's more of an appreciation how blessed we are at Xavier.

That being said, F YTG, F uc and Let's Go X!!
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    To be a season ticket holder for uc basketball do you still have to buy football? Maybe it's the other way around now... IDK. I too think it's pathetic they can't fill their arena, but they have had 2 major strikes against them that we've never experienced as Xavier supporters... X has always moved UP in conference affiliation. uc went from the #1/2 basketball conference in the country to the 7th. What would happen if the BE imploded (never gonna happen, I know) and X was forced to find refuge back in the A10 or MAC? My guess is there would be some fall out from an attendance standpoint. Second, they had a coach that was not a good ambassador at all. A lot of 'fans' really didn't like him at all and based on twitter the day he was announced at ucla many were down right elated he was gone finally. X has had really good coaches that were also pretty decent people and (at the time) cared about the fans and the program. There's never been an overwhelming sense at Xavier of "well, we're glad he's gone, now we can hire a real coach". Not defending those mouth breathing water heads in gansta's paradise but it's more of an appreciation how blessed we are at Xavier.

That season ticket policy hasn't been in place at UC since they went into the Big East.

I think you'd be surprised at how many X fans were in the same camp as far as relieved when their coach left. But X has so fewer students and alums, the pool of people who care is a lot smaller.

Never forget, although Mickey is gone that SurfXu is the genius that glossed the midget with the "Yellow Toothed Gnome" label.
    It will live forever. Well done.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore

they were having those attendance problems when they were in the big east as well. no argument on the cronin angle. i'm sure that was a factor

Nysier Brooks has entered his name into the Transfer Portal.

And so it begins....(Sits quietly with popcorn in hand awaiting Samari's transfer announcement and Cumberland's NBA Draft announcement).
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Here is the LA Times assessment of the hire (link). Apparently they tried to hire Jay Wright.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Here is the LA Times assessment of the hire (link). Apparently they tried to hire anyone else.
    Fixed that for you.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens