Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Question is whether Brannen can recruit at a high level- 4 & 5 star recruits. We already know that Travis can.

UC really doesn't have a "brand" or rep when it comes to recruits. Mickey Mouse did a pretty good job of tamping down any image of being a fun place to play and letting people knew what he was looking for. Brannen doesn't have any of that plus uc isn't in a Conference that is too recognized. There isn much pinoche playing in an arena in Memphis for your Conference Tournament before 6,000 people. The Borecats aren't on anybody's list of "high profile programs". We'll see what happens after the group that is at Clifton leaves...and they may leave sooner than later. Cumberland isn't a sure thing to come back and Curtis still may opt out.
    Amazingly, Cronin only had 1- Curtis- signed LOI for this year. Anybody he or Savino were recruiting to uc- especially California resident Kenyon Martin, Jr. aint gonna consider uc now. The string back to uc's glory days with Thuggins through Kennedy to YTG is totally broken now. This is a whole new ballgame.
    There's a lot of uncertainty flying around Clifton. This truly is the end of an era.
    I know it's the end of an era for me. Other than Tony Yates and Ed Badger, who were putzes, from Gale Catlett, to Thuggins, to Kennedy to Cronin, their coaches were so hateable and punchable.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I know it's the end of an era for me. Other than Tony Yates and Ed Badger, who were putzes, from Gale Catlett, to Thuggins, to Kennedy to Cronin, their coaches were so hateable and punchable.
    Yes, they are getting harder and harder to hate. But while players and coaches come and go, they値l always have their idiot fans. Hate game on.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Brannen already throwing shade calling UC "Cincinnati's basketball team". I dont think it will take us too long not to like him. Maybe not to the level of Mick, but all it takes is a slight or two in a Crosstown shootout press conference, or in you introductory press conference and the hate is on!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Brannen already throwing shade calling UC "Cincinnati's basketball team". I dont think it will take us too long not to like him. Maybe not to the level of Mick, but all it takes is a slight or two in a Crosstown shootout press conference, or in you introductory press conference and the hate is on!
    It's ON now... he can suck a bag of d!*ks.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Wonder if he wants to fight JP?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wonder if he wants to fight JP?
    No, it will be ZFree....just give them a little time to get to know each other.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    No, it will be ZFree....just give them a little time to get to know each other.
    Lol. Thought the same

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Brannen is probably still mad about being turned down this time last year for the top basketball job in Cincinnati.

Will be interesting to see what Brannen has to work with in the fall. Disaster would be if Cumberland and/or Curtis ends up playing somewhere else. Both Jenifer and Broome are gone so Curtis will probably stick and meet little resistance in grabbing a starting spot. He might try to convince Tate or Walton to transfer to Clifton. Walton especially would be a good fit. Regardless of what happens, unless they can really ratchet up their recruiting, I see X going on a 4/5 year winning streak.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 04-16-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Brannen is probably still mad about being turned down this time last year for the top basketball job in Cincinnati.
    We値l know in the next few years if X made the right call hiring Steele. I like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.