Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
To be a season ticket holder for uc basketball do you still have to buy football? Maybe it's the other way around now... IDK. I too think it's pathetic they can't fill their arena, but they have had 2 major strikes against them that we've never experienced as Xavier supporters... X has always moved UP in conference affiliation. uc went from the #1/2 basketball conference in the country to the 7th. What would happen if the BE imploded (never gonna happen, I know) and X was forced to find refuge back in the A10 or MAC? My guess is there would be some fall out from an attendance standpoint. Second, they had a coach that was not a good ambassador at all. A lot of 'fans' really didn't like him at all and based on twitter the day he was announced at ucla many were down right elated he was gone finally. X has had really good coaches that were also pretty decent people and (at the time) cared about the fans and the program. There's never been an overwhelming sense at Xavier of "well, we're glad he's gone, now we can hire a real coach". Not defending those mouth breathing water heads in gansta's paradise but it's more of an appreciation how blessed we are at Xavier.

That being said, F YTG, F uc and Let's Go X!!
That season ticket policy hasn't been in place at UC since they went into the Big East.

I think you'd be surprised at how many X fans were in the same camp as far as relieved when their coach left. But X has so fewer students and alums, the pool of people who care is a lot smaller.