Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Los Angeles basketball seems to be a mess all around.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Do you know both of their names?
    Mom & Dad

Quote Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
    The article that came out in The Athletic yesterday was interesting as well. the writer got a hold of emails between Cronin and Bohn about contract negotiations and paints Cronin in a much worse light then he was already in. He was offered an incentive based deal that would have paid him 3.1 million had he just made the sweet 16 and he said no. Even the biggest of Cronin loyalists are turning on him now.
    Yeah, I just subscribed to The Athletic using my med school email for the discount and to be honest it's well worth it, the quality of the writing is miles above anywhere else I browse when pretending not to pay attention in class, and like you said that article was fair because it was just the emails sent out. Kind of insane that you can ask a public institution to release emails to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, I just subscribed to The Athletic using my med school email for the discount and to be honest it's well worth it, the quality of the writing is miles above anywhere else I browse when pretending not to pay attention in class, and like you said that article was fair because it was just the emails sent out. Kind of insane that you can ask a public institution to release emails to you though.

X being a private school and in BE, I think would start Steele at $1.0 - $1.8 million.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    X being a private school and in BE, I think would start Steele at $1.0 - $1.8 million.

Any thoughts?
    To be honest, I'm not good with the salary guessing game, or really financial stuff (this is why I chose science hahah) but looking up other salaries looks like:
    Kevin Williard - Seton Hall - $1.8mil
    Greg McDermott - Creighton $1.5mil

So for comparisons sake, I could definitely see it in the range, I also don't know how much of a profit we turn, athletics are weird.

I wouldn't be shocked if the athletic department willingly gave the emails after the Cronin clan tried to throw UC under the bus with a bunch of untruthful statements about UC not trying to keep him or offering "an effective paycut" whatever that means. Mike Bohn more or less said, go win and March and you'll make more money. I guess Mick knew he couldn't win in March.

To be honest, I'm not good with the salary guessing game, or really financial stuff (this is why I chose science hahah) but looking up other salaries looks like:
    Kevin Williard - Seton Hall - $1.8mil
    Greg McDermott - Creighton $1.5mil

So for comparisons sake, I could definitely see it in the range, I also don't know how much of a profit we turn, athletics are weird.
    at X
    If that is true, I would speculate a brand new inexperienced coach to get $850K-$900K.

X is ranked well in basketball Forbes rankings.

Who knows.....

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    at X
    If that is true, I would speculate a brand new inexperienced coach to get $850K-$900K.

X is ranked well in basketball Forbes rankings.

Who knows.....
    Steele is making something in the 7 figure range. If not he will jump ship after a few successful seasons and its next man up. Xavier needs to be able to at least match what the rest of the conference pays their coaches and match or better what UC pays. If not we will continue to have a revolving door here. Mack only stayed as long as he did because he went here and was from the area.

Hell, depauls coach is guaranteed at least a mil per year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kellernr; 05-18-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Steele is making something in the 7 figure range. If not he will jump ship after a few successful seasons and its next man up. Xavier needs to be able to at least match what the rest of the conference pays their coaches and match or better what UC pays. If not we will continue to have a revolving door here. Mack only stayed as long as he did because he went here and was from the area.

Hell, depauls coach is guaranteed at least a mil per year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I agree, 70 coaches (out of who reported to USA Today) are getting paid 7 figures a year to coach, meaning that's not counting the private schools that don't have to disclose salary. I'd have to think Steele was making a million at least, due to Xavier's position as a top school in a top conference. Even with him having no prior head coaching experience, I couldn't see where X wouldn't be paying a decent amount for him. I'd like to think Steele will be here for a while, but you're right, we'll have to pay a competitive salary, give him raises as he earns them, this recruiting class looks good, and Steele grew as a coach throughout the year, so we'll see what happens moving forward with the teams, I sure as hell would love for Steele to get paid big time, because that means he's succeeding.

Yeah, I agree, 70 coaches (out of who reported to USA Today) are getting paid 7 figures a year to coach, meaning that's not counting the private schools that don't have to disclose salary. I'd have to think Steele was making a million at least, due to Xavier's position as a top school in a top conference. Even with him having no prior head coaching experience, I couldn't see where X wouldn't be paying a decent amount for him. I'd like to think Steele will be here for a while, but you're right, we'll have to pay a competitive salary, give him raises as he earns them, this recruiting class looks good, and Steele grew as a coach throughout the year, so we'll see what happens moving forward with the teams, I sure as hell would love for Steele to get paid big time, because that means he's succeeding.
    The second sentence. #Correct
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell