Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    They may be the 4 best defensive players returning. Q, Scruggs, and Naji already have the reputation as good defenders, and Tyrique has managed to hold his own against taller post players. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrique have a monster season and average a double double.
    I would like for Tyrique to extend his range beyond a dunk.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I would like for Tyrique to extend his range beyond a dunk.
    I bet that is also the number one thing that NBA scouts will be telling him as well. He should be putting up all kinds of shots over the summer.

New one from NBC.. Hausers out at MU really impacting them.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....season-top-25/

6(Nova), 12 (Hall) 18 (X) and 19 (Creighton). No Marquette----crazy what happened there. IMO I think Nova is too high at 6 for early in the season. Will be very good by end of year. Also, Georgetown is going to be good. Nice to see you guys there. Your core guys back and good recruits---should be very strong. Personally, I won't miss Hankins!

18 is too high for us. We're more of a "sneak up" in 2020, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    New one from NBC.. Hausers out at MU really impacting them.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....season-top-25/

6(Nova), 12 (Hall) 18 (X) and 19 (Creighton). No Marquette----crazy what happened there. IMO I think Nova is too high at 6 for early in the season. Will be very good by end of year. Also, Georgetown is going to be good. Nice to see you guys there. Your core guys back and good recruits---should be very strong. Personally, I won't miss Hankins!
    If Hankins leaving gives you a sigh of relief, imagine how we feel with Booth AND Paschall gone!

Maybe you can give some insight from your end on VU being ranked higher than X, given what both teams lost/retained. Total score in the 3 games last year were VU-204 XU-203. Both win at home and it takes 28 pts from PB AND OT to win the rubber game.

I have been quite adamant about there being no logical reason for you guys to be picked ahead of us but everyone does anyway. For what reasons are you buying in to this BS in NovaNation? I mean your losing 1263 points of offense and all of your in game leadership, while we retain nearly all of ours.

Obviously pre season predictions mean jack....especially in April but I just would like to hear how this is being justified.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 04-24-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    If Hankins leaving gives you a sigh of relief, imagine how we feel with Booth AND Paschall gone!

Maybe you can give some insight from your end on VU being ranked higher than X, given what both teams lost/retained. Total score in the 3 games last year were VU-204 XU-203. Both win at home and it takes 28 pts from PB AND OT to win the rubber game.
    All I’m saying is we win that big east tournament game by double digits with a healthy naji marshall.

I’d guess the logic to having them ranked higher is that nova has two 5 stars coming in and jay wright and we dont

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

I have been quite adamant about there being no logical reason for you guys to be picked ahead of us but everyone is anyway. For what reasons are you buying in to this BS in NovaNation? I mean your losing 1263 points of offense and all of your in game leadership, while we retain nearly all of ours.
    I think I can explain. Have you checked out Nova's recruiting class? Absolutely fabulous, and one of the top 3 in the country.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I think I can explain. Have you checked out Nova's recruiting class? Absolutely fabulous, and one of the top 3 in the country.
    Channeling Iverson I say Freshman? Freshman? We're talking Freshman?

Freshman are unknowns (see Quinerly or any number of UK frosh). Yes, they are very good but good enough to move the needle that much compared to proven upperclassmen. Can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I’d guess the logic to having them ranked higher is that nova has two 5 stars coming in and jay wright and we dont
    I know that's the logic but it's not logical. So, by replacing Booth with Antoine and Paschall with Robinson-Earl you get a better team? All while our Core 4 are a year older/wiser with firmly established chemistry. Not happening. Hard to spin it any other way.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 04-24-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Supporting Member
    I know that's the logic but it's not logical. So, by replacing Booth with Antoine and Paschall with Robinson-Earl you get a better team? All while our Core 4 are a year older/wiser with firmly established chemistry. Not happening. Hard to spin it any other way.
    There are several reasons why nova is ahead of Xavier preseason:

Jay Wright x and o's
    Better recruits
    A coach and staff that is a known commodity in terms of players progressing year to year.

Steele and staff is still an unknown to people outside of xavier.