Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Aaron Torres (whomever that is) had us @ #13 -

Idiot Seth Davis @ 45

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/baske...etball-season/
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    It won’t take that long. We’ll be in full meltdown mode after the first out of conference loss, especially if it’s to UC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We shouldn't lose to UC, though them getting Cumberland back is huge, I have to feel like the Cintas magic will continue on a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Aaron Torres (whomever that is) had us @ #13 -

Idiot Seth Davis @ 45

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/baske...etball-season/
    Wow, that Aaron Torres guy is a genius, huge fan of his, big time sports writer (no idea who he is); and of course Seth Davis continues to be Seth Davis.

I prefer not being ranked early in the season and sneaking up on people.... boom... match thrown on gas...

I love the old back and forths... oh yeah, and Romain Sato can't jump off of one foot.

Not seeing any of the new guys play in person and going off of the improvement that came together at the end of the season I'm in the 20-25 range camp. Hanky will definitely be missed in a lot of ways but hopefully the additions will fill in the void.
    Looking forward to the Butler Steak Fry next Wednesday though. Always fun to hear coach talk about what's going on in the program and share expectations etc.
    After the coach's shows last year Travis would generally walk around to a lot of the tables and chat for a minute or so (Chris never did that, but that's OK... but it's nice that Travis does, makes it a little more personal)... but you could tell by his comments that he was really excited about what the incoming group is going to add this year, and that was obviously before there was any confirmations about transfers etc.
    Got a LOT of new pieces this year. I think the core four will get us started on the right foot and the additions will hopefully really add some fire power by the end of non-con and conference season.
    Gonna be a good one I believe.

Of course by the end of the year we'll be #1, but starting out I'm thinking top 20-25 range.

PS: Seth Davis is an idiot.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    I prefer not being ranked early in the season and sneaking up on people.... boom... match thrown on gas...

I love the old back and forths... oh yeah, and Romain Sato can't jump off of one foot.
    Haha we almost pulled the ultimate sneak job last year, but I tend to agree, I think we do better in the underdog role, less pressure, and the guys look more relaxed, I wouldn't mind not starting out ranked, but at the same time, being ranked means more exposure, in with better recruits, etc. This staff likes to recruit, so showing that X is a mainstay as a top dog in a Power conference is important for moving forward, but you know, there'd be something beautiful about knocking down the doors to our first Final 4 with a squad that was ranked low/unranked at the start of the season. (Not saying we're gonna make the Final 4 as a guaranteed or anything, but just dreaming a little)

I'm one of those old fossils who still read the paper every morning. I like the exposure we get from being in the Top 25 since that is only the only thing national papers cover anymore.
    2023 Sweet 16

My preferences:

1. Top 10 ranking all season long, preferably at #1 most of the time.

2. National Championships.

3. Big East Championships.

Sneaking up on people is for losers.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I'm one of those old fossils who still read the paper every morning.
    You’re not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My preferences:

1. Top 10 ranking all season long, preferably at #1 most of the time.

2. National Championships.

3. Big East Championships.

Well yes, now that Xavier is established as a basketball powerhouse, can't really pull the whole sneaking up on people card anymore, except for the occasional rebuilding year, but come on, doesn't even a little bit of you think it would be poetic to have X reach a Final Four in a year we weren't supposed to be elite?? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Well yes, now that Xavier is established as a basketball powerhouse, can't really pull the whole sneaking up on people card anymore, except for the occasional rebuilding year, but come on, doesn't even a little bit of you think it would be poetic to have X reach a Final Four in a year we weren't supposed to be elite?? ;)
    Oh, sure. Sorry if I missed your point.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Xavier is no longer in a position to sneak up on anyone. Doesn’t mean they won’t surprise the “experts” who will almost always pick the blue bloods as their F4 and NC favorites. But part of that is that they haven’t done it....yet. Until they do, it’s going to be hard to convince a lot of them that they will.

However, I wouldn’t call any of the teams that made it to the F4 by “sneaking up on people” losers. (Except maybe Butler....LOL)