Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    The players, their families, the coaches, some of the students, and the team's fans?
    That's repetitive. After you named the players, the coaches, and their families, you had already named the team's fans.

Not quite. There are several posters on here who travel to the Women’s Games and they are not members of a player’ family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'm also a fan. A total fairweather fan for sure, but if they're good I'll definitely pay attention. Thus, I can't name a single player for close to a decade.

Sophomore
    i can name pretty much every player from the 2000 elite eight team, and most from that era, and a few from kevin mcguff, but that's it

Just a bit looking into our coaches background, social media (i.e. response from her players and other colleagues), it looks like we found a great fit. I'm excited for the future. As a real fan, a total real fan, I guess I just trust our AD that he's actually done is job and made the right decision.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Now that we have a REAL coach.. it’s time to trash Neal’s non-conference High School schedule and compete against a real D1 schedule. ��

Let’s GO X!!

Coach Moore hit the ground running. She seems to have put together an excellent supporting staff of three fine Assistant Coaches. I'll be anxious to see how this works out over the next 3-4 seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm also a fan. A total fairweather fan for sure, but if they're good I'll definitely pay attention. Thus, I can't name a single player for close to a decade.
    How could a player miss not one, but TWO wide ass open layups standing under the basket to cinch a game that would have sent your team to the Final Four?
    I stopped paying attention pretty much after that.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Hardworking is a common theme among all the staff hires. Marquette had a coaching change just a few years ago and rose right up to compete with DePaul. What I don't get is why isn't a Big East the conference of choice for talented women basketball players. The WBB group has a few "blue bloods," but beyond that, the Big East schools offer so much more than a run-of-your-mill football conference school. It will be interesting to see if Val Ackerman (who has WBB background) can balance MBB vs other sports including WBB, but gradually get WBB in the Big East among the best.