Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sophomore
    xavier fielding competitive teams will definitely help the big east. we've been an embarassment

Freshman
    It's worth noting that Miami (Ohio) coach Megan Duffy has been hired by Marquette. Marquette loses five seniors this year and should take a step back, but they have been the top dog in the Big East the past couple of years. It is interesting that Duffy, a former All-American PG at Notre Dame who played in the WNBA, is a rising star in the coaching ranks (she's just 34 years old), and is a native of Dayton, ended up at Marquette. In fact, Duffy was the top assistant at Michigan until taking the Miami job two years ago. Coach Moore became Michigan's top assistant after she left.

Lots of drama (G Tech, UNC) in the WBB Coaching Carousel this year (link). Surprised Marquette let Kieger go but equally surprised the Marquette roster is not that strong.

I wish Coach Melanie Moore and her staff well. I think she's a very good hire. She has a positive energy and a great attitude, as does her staff. I know they've already been hard at work recruiting,

I won't lie though, she will have a difficult job.

In reflecting on the last 20 years of Xavier women's basketball, the program is at it's lowest point by far. The results on the court are dreadful, the schedule has become a total joke, and attendance is in the toilet. The program only averaged about 850 people per game (and the actual numbers are less when you take away field trip day). Any shred of momentum from the Melanie Balcomb/Kevin McGuff eras has been totally killed in the last 8 years.

I've gotta say that I have a new respect for what Balcomb and McGuff were able to accomplish.

The new hire has piqued my interest in attending a couple of games this year. Hopefully the team can capitalize on the momentum a bit.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

piqued

You're welcome for this very valuable contribution to the thread. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    piqued

You're welcome for this very valuable contribution to the thread. :)
    See what happens when you post on mobile.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook