Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ncaa $$$

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Am I reading this right? X got less tourney money than Duquesne and the same as Fordham? How and Why?
    Yes, and I wondered that for ten years and never figured out why.

If you go back into the archives of this site, you'll find me complaining about it on multiple occasions. Haha.

GOD I'm so glad to be done with that league. I respect some of the individual programs, but as a whole it is one of the most poorly managed conferences in the entire country. They've got good teams in big markets and they still can't get their media deals right. I wanted to leave the A10 and just do our own thing with some of the other schools that actually cared about basketball before the Big East was an option, but I guess it worked out pretty well in the end.
    Last edited by xubrew; 04-05-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes, and I wondered that for ten years and never figured out why.

If you go back into the archives of this site, you'll find me complaining about it on multiple occasions. Haha.

GOD I'm so glad to be done with that league. I respect some of the individual programs, but as a whole it is one of the most poorly managed conferences in the entire country. They've got good teams in big markets and they still can't get their media deals right. I wanted to leave the A10 and just do our own thing with some of the other schools that actually cared about basketball before the Big East was an option, but I guess it worked out pretty well in the end.
    As we talked about on here and previous boards for years, Linda Blutarsky was an absolute joke as a Commissioner but some posters on here took me to task for saying that. They always said that it was on the University Presidents to make it better, but my point was U Presidents run entire colleges and can't know all the intricacies of the College Sports business like a Commissioner is supposed to. Plus, a Commissioner has to LEAD the Presidents in making good decisions for the League. Lack of good leadership caused the A10 to admit scofflaws like Fordham who did zero to help, and only stole money from the rest of the schools. In 2004, the A10 had two Elite 8 teams and had a chance to really take off from there, but Blutarsky had no clue how to leverage that performance with a TV deal. McGlade is better, but not by much.

See Val Ackerman. A Commissioner who knows what the hell she's doing, understands the media landscape, works her contacts and the important partners like Fox & Madison Square Garden then produces. Who knows what stuff has come her way that was tempting to recommend at the time, but after further thought, she shot down? We are lucky to have her as the Leader.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I cannot find the chart from this year, but here is the pay outs from last year based on what schools contributed to the conference payout. The American's list of schools is hilarious:

https://imgur.com/a/HZGb9
    Xavier and Butler got $ from A10 last year? Maybe it is paid out over 5 years.....

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Nope. They left that money behind (especially Butler who never feasted on their units after they left the Horizon in 2012).