Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    There's no such thing. Weez is one of a kind.
    Nothing has ever been more true. Reps.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    He's graduating this summer, or at least in line to. Took a redshirt in 2017-18 due to a leg injury.
    Gotcha, the enquirer confirmed hes a grad transfer in their article. So basically hes been in school for 3 years but has his degree, so he has 2 years left to play.

Just curious do we know who else was recruiting him

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Gotcha, the enquirer confirmed hes a grad transfer in their article. So basically hes been in school for 3 years but has (or will have) his degree, so he has 2 years left to play.
    Fixed it for you....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Remember when we had a rule about not mentioning rumors about transfers out of the program or flat out stating someone should transfer or is likely to transfer? Those were the days... oh wait. We still have that rule.

This isn't a video game. These are real people. Try to be considerate.

When I last spoke with Greg Christopher he emphasized that players, recruits, and their families read these boards and social media. What you post matters, which is why we've long had this rule in place. It will be enforced. If and when someone has something to announce, that player and his family will choose how to do it.

*** Addressing some points from several PM's. Try inserting "if someone transfers" or "someone is likely to transfer" in place of "If Player A transfers" or "Player B is likely to transfer" and 99% of the posts are unaffected.
    I like this rule. I want player A, B and C to come back next year. Let’s hope everyone sticks around. “If someone transfers” it would not please me.

This is a great addition considering the team's lack of experienced big guys. Curious if any of you, based on what you've read and seen, think that Carter would earn a starting spot in other Big East programs?

Steele is going to need to figure out ways for him to improve his efficiency with fewer shot attempts on this XU squad. Carter is really going to have to level up. He hustles. Good confidence. Seems to have a good IQ. Great handles.

Can he close out against more physical players in the post? Can he improve his outside shooting against taller opponents? Or will he be a good post passer a la Stainbrook?

Two years to find out! I'm glad he's here and hoping to see growth.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    This is a great addition considering the team's lack of experienced big guys. Curious if any of you, based on what you've read and seen, think that Carter would earn a starting spot in other Big East programs?

Steele is going to need to figure out ways for him to improve his efficiency with fewer shot attempts on this XU squad. Carter is really going to have to level up. He hustles. Good confidence. Seems to have a good IQ. Great handles.

Can he close out against more physical players in the post? Can he improve his outside shooting against taller opponents? Or will he be a good post passer a la Stainbrook?

Two years to find out! I'm glad he's here and hoping to see growth.
    I definitely think Xavier's track record with transfers has earned them the benefit of the doubt. There is a pretty lengthy list of players coming from lower-tier programs and excelling. Yes, OU wasn't a great team, but we've had players transfer in from:

Florida A&M
    Ferris St.
    San Jose St.
    Columbia
    Western Michigan
    Manhattan
    Monmouth
    Towson St.
    UW-Milwaukee

That's just off the top of my head so I am sure I am missing some. The point remains that usually/often the player comes in as a leading scorer type and adapts to a role at X. I expect the same from Carter. Just like you, I am glad he's here!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
    I definitely think Xavier's track record with transfers has earned them the benefit of the doubt. There is a pretty lengthy list of players coming from lower-tier programs and excelling. Yes, OU wasn't a great team, but we've had players transfer in from:

Florida A&M
    Ferris St.
    San Jose St.
    Columbia
    Western Michigan
    Manhattan
    Monmouth
    Towson St.
    UW-Milwaukee

That's just off the top of my head so I am sure I am missing some. The point remains that usually/often the player comes in as a leading scorer type and adapts to a role at X. I expect the same from Carter. Just like you, I am glad he's here!
    I agree with that. Plus, in the grad transfer market, you're getting guys who are 22ish. People overlook too frequently the link between age and success in college basketball. Less talented 8th graders would crush 5th graders with even more talent; high school seniors the same as to high school freshmen; college seniors better than underclassmen. The effect lessens with age but doesn't nearly disappear -- you still want as many 22YOs on your college team as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post

Florida A&M
    Ferris St.
    San Jose St.
    Columbia
    Western Michigan
    Manhattan
    Monmouth
    Towson St.
    UW-Milwaukee

I'm not a casual fan, so I don't need a history of where transfers have come from. And we all know they can contribute. Excell might be a loaded term, depending on the player. I asked if any of you, based on what you've read and seen, think that Carter would earn a starting spot in other Big East programs?

We know there are transfers who have been that type. Jordan Crawford to Xavier. Mark Lyons to Arizona. CJ McConnell to Arizona. Kyle Washington to UC.
    Last edited by sirthought; 03-27-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I'm not a casual fan, so I don't need a history of where transfers have come from. And we all know they can contribute. Excell might be a loaded term, depending on the player. I asked if any of you, based on what you've read and seen, think that Carter would earn a starting spot in other Big East programs?
    I imagine any BE team that lack a talented or experience 4 would start him as opposed to a frosh with exception to Villanova.