Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Anyone know how much TCU returns? Will they be any good? They were pretty far down my list of Big 12 teams I would have wanted to play. But maybe they return a lot and will be good? I know they just missed the tourney this year.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I can’t imagine they will be very good if Dixon leaves as presumed...

Sorry to more directly answer your question, they graduate two guys in their starting 5 including their PG... but they return most of the core assuming nobody transfers. If Desmond Bane graduates this year and transfers (I have no idea what his academic status is) it would be a big blow.

Junior
    If Dixon goes to UCLA, I’d mark it as a should be win. Probably is either way.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    With TCU now confirmed as a road game, you can bet the farm there won't be any further series next year starting away from Cintas. While TCU will be a challenging road game, Wake Forest will probably look like dog crap again.

There is a chance that Xavier could also add a 4th "exempt" game that involves someone else in the Charleston Classic.

If Dixon goes to UCLA, what is the possibility Cronin goes to TCU and X gets to beat on him next year?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quite honestly, Cronin has gotten insanely lucky in his time at UC. When he became the coach, they were severely depleted. Thus, extremely low expectations.
    He eventually got his team to be a little bit less than bottom feeder of the Big East, but not by much. The majority of the Big East teams would be disappointed with a loss when playing the bearcats.
    Then, he lucked out by going to the AAC, which was a collection of marginal teams, and still is. While I do think his teams have gotten better, I'm not so sure it's gotten to be better than his barely above bottom feeder of the old Big East level teams. I think the record in the NCAA Tournament, against quality teams, has shown that to be the case.
    Take last year for example: his team feasts on the poor AAC, then gets beat by a Big10 team who limped into the tournament.

The situation he is in at UC is extremely good for him, I don't understand why he'd want to leave. I think he's using these schools to get a better deal at UC, which I understand. UC and the AAC is job security for him, and I think he knows that.

I guess what I'm really wondering is, why in the world are schools interested in him?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    In the case of Cronin, maybe UCLA figures he'll be a cheaper option. Supposedly, the only reason there hasn't been any announcement yet is because UCLA and TCU still have to negotiate Dixon's buyout that is $8 million to leave TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Please DO send us to effing Nebraska, thanks!
    I have love for Nebraska. They sent 2 teammates and myself 2 letters a week for almost our entire senior season. Crazy thing is only one of us was good enough to even be considered playing there. The one that was wound up playing for Rick Pitino just long enough to realize what a nasty, ruthless, mind game playing, terrible person he was so he transferred to a lower tier program and went on to score 2,000 plus points. Nebraska had really good people in the athletic department.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I have love for Nebraska. They sent 2 teammates and myself 2 letters a week for almost our entire senior season. Crazy thing is only one of us was good enough to even be considered playing there. The one that was wound up playing for Rick Pitino just long enough to realize what a nasty, ruthless, mind game playing, terrible person he was so he transferred to a lower tier program and went on to score 2,000 plus points. Nebraska had really good people in the athletic department.
    Speaking of Pitino, the lovefest/lobbying Dick Vitale is doing ad nauseam for Pitino, on twitter, to get another job is just getting ridiculous. Vitale rails on other coaches who hjave been accused of wrong doing (Sean Miller, Will Wade) yet insists Pitino has never been in trouble and has done almost nothing wrong and deserves a second chance. Second chance Dick? How about 4th? Dickey V's hypocrisy when it comes to his guys/friends is one of the reasons he is so annoying.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 04-05-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17