Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    JU!

I'll receive a little X press coverage in the 'ville about that one.
    HA! This reminds me of my post-Xavier days when I’d go to the newspaper to find out how my team did. I’d occasionally get it confused with the greatness that is Xavier in New Orleans. Once a week I could get a couple sentences about my Bills and all 32 NFL teams in the USA Today. My, how the world has changed! What will our kids, and their kids, see? I can’t even imagine!

I love Charelston, so the tourney there is intriguing.

Well, damn. I might miss 3 of the first 4 games. That sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Ugh. Lackluster schedule. But, hey X is coming to DFW so hell yeah!
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Seem to work for St John's last year. Got them in the Dance.
    They were the last team selected and they lost before the Round of 64. That would probably seem to by some as not working.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    Ugh. Lackluster schedule. But, hey X is coming to DFW so hell yeah!
    Hot take: “Dallas/Ft Worth” should be typed out on this board to reserve the DFW acronym...

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They were the last team selected and they lost before the Round of 64. That would probably seem to by some as not working.
    Huh? Did the NCAA unit check bounce?
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Huh? Did the NCAA unit check bounce?
    No, but if given the choice of following the model of a team that cut it that close versus the model of about 40 other teams that were in much more safely, I think the latter may be the way to go. Saying it worked for Saint John's is kind of like saying that not booking a flight in advance worked out just fine because you were able to get on standby. It's still not the best plan. The Johnnies made it, but they were clearly a contingency team.

I don't think this schedule was put together with the idea of securing a spot that's safely inside the bubble so much as it was put together with the idea of allowing players to develop without overwhelming them. At least I hope that's what the thinking was.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Considering that X will be trying to work in a whole bunch of new people into the mix, I’m not surprised that it’s not the most challenging schedule. On the other hand, X may have tired to schedule a few stronger teams and for one reason or another weren’t able to do so. I also think that the BE well may a better conference this year, than it was last year, and the OOC schedule may not be as important as it might otherwise be. I know one thing.....if X takes care of business in the OCC and Conference parts of the schedule, they will be alright come next March.

A big part of the reason whey the schedule is so mediocre is that the two opponents that we have longstanding agreements with (UC and Wake) will be somewhere between average and bad. And you wouldn't have known that about UC until a month ago. Just bad luck (or good luck depending on your perspective).

I remember the days that Syracuse played NOBODY in non conference then had a good conference record and ended up with a top 5 seed. It is all about getting BE wins this year and killing the non conference.