Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90
  1. #61
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A big part of the reason whey the schedule is so mediocre is that the two opponents that we have longstanding agreements with (UC and Wake) will be somewhere between average and bad. And you wouldn't have known that about UC until a month ago. Just bad luck (or good luck depending on your perspective).
    Mediocre but probably good with 7 new players entering in the mix. TCU is no walk over, Jamie Dixon is a good coach, Lipscomb was very solid last year, and could be a decent little mid-major win, I think the schedule is *enough* to get us into the tournament as long as we take care of business in the out of conference and in conference, we can't have the headscratching losses like what happened last season such as Mizzou again.

    Also, Travis Steele did a Q&A on The Athletic today, I know I can't post paid content but it was pretty interesting if anybody wants a summary, I thought there were a lot of interesting answers in it.

  2. #62
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    i'd love to hear a summary
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  3. #63
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A big part of the reason whey the schedule is so mediocre is that the two opponents that we have longstanding agreements with (UC and Wake) will be somewhere between average and bad. And you wouldn't have known that about UC until a month ago. Just bad luck (or good luck depending on your perspective).
    and we'll also probably play 2 of florida, uconn, or miami in the charleston. the schedule is fine and really no different than most years
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  4. #64
    That's one awful non-con. It's the scheduling equivalent of chloroform.

  5. #65
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    Lipscomb is losing a ton. They should still be decent by ASun standards, but not as good as they were this past year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  6. #66
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i'd love to hear a summary
    Basically, he'd love to start a home and home against Kentucky, he wants whatever is best for the 3 in the draft process, and that regardless he plans on competing for a Big East Championship & deep tourney run, he sells the academic and athletic parts of Xavier to recruits, he wants Tyrique to be a better shooter which in turn should increase that free throw percentage, Q to make better decisions and improve his assist to turnover ratio (wants him to lead the Big East), Paul to improve his decision making as well, and Dontarius to become a consistent outside shooting threat. Also his favorite drill is the "Kill Drill" and really thought it helped bring on some of the defensive intensity we saw towards the end of the season, but with the guard depth, is thinking about looking into some situational pressing, while keeping the packline defense! Also thinks the new depth will help us move a little quicker on offense, a lot faster than last year.

    He also was asked to share his best JP story which was basically JP abusing his 3-year old in a game of one on one not letting him score, and that he 100% plans on attending Dana Gardens after he beats UC this year ;)

  7. #67
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Basically, he'd love to start a home and home against Kentucky, he wants whatever is best for the 3 in the draft process, and that regardless he plans on competing for a Big East Championship & deep tourney run, he sells the academic and athletic parts of Xavier to recruits, he wants Tyrique to be a better shooter which in turn should increase that free throw percentage, Q to make better decisions and improve his assist to turnover ratio (wants him to lead the Big East), Paul to improve his decision making as well, and Dontarius to become a consistent outside shooting threat. Also his favorite drill is the "Kill Drill" and really thought it helped bring on some of the defensive intensity we saw towards the end of the season, but with the guard depth, is thinking about looking into some situational pressing, while keeping the packline defense! Also thinks the new depth will help us move a little quicker on offense, a lot faster than last year.

    He also was asked to share his best JP story which was basically JP abusing his 3-year old in a game of one on one not letting him score, and that he 100% plans on attending Dana Gardens after he beats UC this year ;)
    thanks. the kentucky thing would be great if possible. we used to play them annually for a long time
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  8. #68
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,155
    Gavitt no game:

    Villanova at Ohio State
    Michigan State at Seton Hall
    Creighton at Michigan
    Purdue at Marquette
    Providence at Northwestern
    Penn State at Georgetown
    Minnesota at Butler
    DePaul at Iowa
    This space for rent.

  9. #69
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,713
    Gavitt Games have been a joke for X. 1 home game, 2 away games and 2 sorry we're not inviting you years. And can we please never play Wisconsin again. There are 12 other teams in the BigTen, besides Wisconsin.

  10. #70
    Junior XMuskieFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Gavitt Games have been a joke for X. 1 home game, 2 away games and 2 sorry we're not inviting you years. And can we please never play Wisconsin again. There are 12 other teams in the BigTen, besides Wisconsin.
    We played what ended up being a top 25 team at home last year, was on the road against a team coming off a sweet 16 the year prior, and played at a top 25 Michigan team.

    We will be in the last 3 years with two home games and a road game. Not sure what the issue is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •