Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Season lost at the line 2019

Multiple BIG games lost at the charity stripe. FREE is not free......gotta be clutch.
    TWO chances at championships lost from the line......along with inexcusable poor rebounding.

Now comes the brutally long off season.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-24-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Agreed......sigh

Q hands of stone. That's why he wasn't recruited by UK or Louisville. Lots of our guys got bad hands though.

No. This season was not lost at the line.
    A new coach, an exodus of scorers/shooters, a (seemingly) lost recruiting class, injuries, needing to grab three low level transfers, ect. I could go on with more reasons, but free throws is one of the least important factors.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    No. This season was not lost at the line.
    A new coach, an exodus of scorers/shooters, a (seemingly) lost recruiting class, injuries, needing to grab three low level transfers, ect. I could go on with more reasons, but free throws is one of the least important factors.
    Did you not see Q at the line with 2.7 seconds left? If that's Tu up there the Musketeers are moving on

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Did you not see Q at the line with 2.7 seconds left? If that's Tu up there the Musketeers are moving on
    Sarcasm?
    If not I’m talking about the season in general. Not some end of an NIT game situation.
    Q tied the game and forced overtime. Good to see you ignore the fact that Scruggs clearly had the worse game.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    It’s the season vs the game. Game was ultimately decided at the line. The season? We had all kinds of problems!

Walk-On
    This team was challenged offensively because they couldn't shoot from the outside. I like Steel and believe he will be good but he has given Marshall a very very very long leash. Marshall makes one pass in the Nova game and X likely wins. With 16 seconds he grabs a rebound, ignores goodin and dribbles length of the court only to take a turn around jumper from 16 feet. This is their worse outside shooter doing this. As their worse shooter, he took the most shots by 6 as he was 7-18. On the other side, Jones and Hankins combined were 16-20. For some reason, Marshall has an extremely high opinion of himself as a shooter. Yes X has some talent coming in next year but if Marshall/goodin continue to shoot from deep as they did all year, X will be very similar to next year. Marshall shooting is similar to a turnover yet Steele has allowed him to shoot when he wants -or at least does not appear to hold him accountable for poor shot selection. I certainly hope Steele reigns him in because if not, X is in for a similar season next year.

Good FT shooting comes from focus and repetitive practice. This creates confidence. In pressure situations, the unprepared revert to poor habits. It's the same with professional golfers and putting and football and FG kicking. Folks, the are called FREE THROWS for a reason. THere's no one guarding the player taking them. If a player has practiced a routine time, after time, after time, after time, there's no reason that those good habits shouldn't result in making almost every free throw. I am not focusing blame just on Goodin. I watched LeBron James miss tons of crucial FTs over the years. It is all about committing to practice and focusing through the distractions. It ain't rocket science folks. It's just good habits, practice and a solid routine.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Naji was definitely a big reason for a lot of wins and losses. When he is on he is very good, but when he gets greedy he really drags the team down. He goes through spurts where his decision making and shot selection may as well be a turnover leading to a lot of runouts for the opposing team.

He looks like he goes through spurts where he is trying to impress NBA scouts instead of playing the team game. It reminds me a lot of how Sumner played at times.

I hope next year he just plays within the system because if he does he can take this team far and maybe further than it has ever gone. Unfortunately he can also keep this team from the tournament. He is that critical to next year's success. That is also a testament to his skill and ability to drastically impact a game
    Last edited by stammina0721; 03-24-2019 at 07:57 PM.