Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Scruggs, Q and Naji should be embarrassed with this loss. Those 3 lost this game at the stripe. How can you be a high D1 recruit and not be able to hit free throws? Noone expects hankins or Jones to make them so when they do it's an added bonus. Guards should be hitting 75-80% from the line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Damn overtimes. The OT loss to Auburn & to Nova cost us the Dance. Today's cost us NIT. Nova was just 2 games ago. Did we win any OT games
    We lost the NCAA dance because of SDSU, Missouri, UC and DePaul loss.

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    208 Days until Musketeer Madness.
    222 Days until 1st exhibition
    233 Days until 1st game
    356 Days until X cuts down the nets in the Big East Tournament Championship
    377 Days until X plays in its first Final 4
    379 Days until X wins its first NCAA Championship
    Another day closer to our death

Junior
    I don't think Texas wasn't good. I think they didn't deserve a ticket to the dance but neither did we. What we got was 2 pretty good evenly matched teams. We could (should) have won but we didn't. Not reading anymore into it. Better days ahead for Xavier Nation.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Yep. I am not allowed to die until X wins it all.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Sophomore
    I have had 5 months of compelling basketball. Thanks to the grad transfers, thanks to the Core 4, lets hope that we all improve over the summer and get Derrick Smits (one of my idols son). Kyky, Zach, Bishop, Ramsey(sp)..lots to look forward to. Damn this game today..I texted a friend of mine to grab a drink when Q was being iced for second shot and must have jinxed us

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    With our performance this afternoon, we might as well end the season today. This Texas team is not that strong and we should have won with relative ease. Our returning players better spend the summer improving on shooting foul shots. I like to thank our seniors for their contributions and wish them the best in the future.
    Here's a dirty little secret, this xavier iteration isnt that strong. The way they regrouped after being 11-13 should be absolutely commended, and I think they maxed out in terms of what they could do with their talent at the end of the year. I think they are what they are. The influx of talent coming in next year is going to help quite a bit.

Texas isnt bad...outside of their two seniors, they have really young guys in their rotation. They should make the tourney next year. This is the same team that beat unc, kansas, Oklahoma, kstate when they were fully healthy, and Purdue. X didnt best anyone nearly that good.

Admittedly I wasn't able to watch this game. And it'll be a long off season.
    But looking at the stats bears out one of my favorite gripes.
    The game has evolved into 3 pt shooting and layups/dunks with fouls.
    Say what you want about our foul shooting, but when they shoot 48% from 3, and we shoot 29%...it takes a lot of extra possessions of 2 pt shots to make that up.
    They scored 33 pts on 3 pt shots. We scored 15.
    I hope we have some shooters coming in next year, because Q and Naji didn't crack 30% this year.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    222 days to shoot ft's
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    222 days to shoot ft's
    Naji needs to work on his form. He looks like he has a 2x4 strapped to his back when he shoots. Maybe Q and Scruggs need lasik to improve there vision at the line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk