Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Next year should be really interesting and a rebound year for the league. Based on what is very likely to happen, I see Howard and Ponds going to the NBA. With that, here is my best projection for preseason rankings.

1. Nova (b/c they are Nova)
    2. Xavier
    3. Seton Hall (Assuming Powell is coming back)
    4. Marquette
    5. Creighton
    6. Georgetown
    7. St Johns
    8. Providence
    9. Butler
    10. Depaul

4-6 is going to be really tight again this year. Those spots IMHO are interchangeable.
    The top 4 I think are interchangeable. I think they'll all be competitive for the title. the top 4 will be very good. Creighton might even flirt with it. I have a feeling providence and butler will both be better than st johns. they're definitely not gonna lose ponds and finish better than this year with an improved league.

I would probably flip georgetown and providence too. Georgetown had a bit of an inflated record due to their non-conference. they're 98th in kenpom. i doubt they take that big of a jump. I could see them being a bubble team and around the top 60 next year

1. Nova
    2. Xavier
    3. Seton Hall
    4. Marquette
    5. Creighton
    6. Providence
    7. Georgetown
    8. Butler
    9. St. John's
    10. Depaul
    Last edited by scoscox; 03-23-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Obviously Nova and X needed to reload next year. Nova has great class coming in next year and we know about ours.

Georgetown and DePaul’s look pretty good as well (see attached link).

Rest of league not very impressive but probably because most don’t have many spots to fill. St John’s decided to go the Juco route with 2.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...rence=Big-East

Sophomore
    there are a lot of transfers in the league as well. marquette has koby mcewen coming in and seton hall and georgetown also have some good transfers. providence only has 1 recruit because they don't lose anyone so the class doesn't look good but greg gannt is a top 60 guy

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    DePaul loses Eli Cain and Femi Olujobi, but their biggest loss will be Max Strus. They do get Cartare Gordon transferring in from Saint Louis and a talented freshman class, so they may be sneakily competitive next year. I'd say they could be 7th or 8th again.

As for DePaul, why on earth are playing CIT games in their on-campus bandbox after they already built Wintrust Arena downtown?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    DePaul loses Eli Cain and Femi Olujobi, but their biggest loss will be Max Strus. They do get Cartare Gordon transferring in from Saint Louis and a talented freshman class, so they may be sneakily competitive next year. I'd say they could be 7th or 8th again.
    Gordon wont be able to play until second semester if he plays next year I believe.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    As for DePaul, why on earth are playing CIT games in their on-campus bandbox after they already built Wintrust Arena downtown?
    They are in the CBI right?

Also WVU is in the CBI, I am surprised by that. That is a pay to play tourney I think. X rejected that in 2013 from what I remember.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

You're right - I mixed the tournaments up. The CIT is actually restricted to mid-majors.

West Virginia and Cal State-Northridge both bought their way into the CBI despite 20-loss seasons.

Was already booked for a private event.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Was already booked for a private event.
    now that's funny b/c why would they ever leave the availability open in March?