Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    This thread seems misplaced in a year where X is sitting home watching the tournament?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And one year after Xavier lost in the second round as a #1 seed.
    I mean the timing fo X fans to complain isnt the greatest since they didnt make it but I think the point is very valid.

The losing as a #1 and #2 seed stings but is more acceptable when X has proved they can make runs as a higher seed like the 11 seed run to the Elite 8. And a sweet 16 run as a 6 seed.

The other BE teams besides Nova, X, and Butler havent made it pas round 1 yet. It is bad. Think about some of the talent teams like Seton Hall, Providence, Creighton, and Marquette have had over the years, especially Providence and Seton Hall imo. To not have more than 1 win is really bad.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    You cant put Xavier in the same sentence with Nova. Yeah, we have been better than most BE programs......but come on.
    Not typically but when comparing BE success in the tourney to the teams who crap the bed every year sure you can. Butler, X, and Nova are above the rest of the conference in tourney success.

Sure it is:

Nova

X

Butler

but then it is

rest of BE.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'm taking a lot of hope from how the team came together at the end of the year.
    We split with Nova, and but for the dumb charging call on Naji would have had them 2 outta 3.
    We did it after losing a lot of firepower, while they kept a great deal of theirs.
    We did it with a new head coach, while Jay has obviously built a system and had players in it for a while.

So, not as bad as you all are making it out to be.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Creighton got screwed by that mo watson injury. i think next year they'll be very good. kind of an unpopular opinion, but mcdermott did a pretty good job with creighton this year while losing foster, thomas, and epperson to injury
    Last edited by scoscox; 03-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Creighton got screwed by that mo watson injury. i think next year they'll be very good. kind of an unpopular opinion, but mcdermott did a pretty good job with creighton this year while losing foster, thomas, and epperson to injury
    I am higher on McDermott than most.

I think he is a lot better than Cooley.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Greg McDermott's teams usually tend to fade late in the year, but this year has actually been an exception.

It would be great if X and Creighton meet a 4th time in the NIT semis this year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I am higher on McDermott than most.

I think he is a lot better than Cooley.
    Same. He hasn't broken through in march, but he's had a player of the year, multiple lottery picks, a top ten team before the injury, and pretty much at the top of the league every year. he's done a very good job there.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Same. He hasn't broken through in march, but he's had a player of the year, multiple lottery picks, a top ten team before the injury, and pretty much at the top of the league every year. he's done a very good job there.
    But at some point you must matter in March. It has to happen for him next year with the team he has returning otherwise he goes into the book as another wanna be