Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If I am a program who draws any Big East team outside of Xavier or Nova I am jumping for joy because I know they won't show up. They hardly ever do

100% of the games played have a loser.
    67 out of 68 teams in the tournament will lose.

Overall, the conference is above .500

Can you do this same research on the other normal "multi-bid conferences"?

Calculate, by year, the % of the teams which made the Dance.

Then Calculate the "multi-year" winning percentages of those conferences over the same time period as the BE.

Then back out the "juggernaught" teams in those conferences to arrive at the winning percentage of the rest.

My guess is that only the ACC would have a higher rate of participation and better winning % that the BE. Possibly the Big 10.

Kansas CARRIES the B12. UK CARRIES the SEC. PAC 12 is horrible....

Its all about context.

But Yes, I am fucking sick of it.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    My rationale for saying X and Nova...

1. Xavier is over .500 in the tourney since realignment.
    2. While X is in the NIT the at least won.
    3. X is always a team people know can advance no matter what

My point is based off of more than this year. Every team loses as a higher seed, but as another post showed the Big East is 4-17. Not only is that abysmal, but the manner they lose is disgusting. Marquette and Seton Hall looked like they didn't belong on the same floor with two lower seeded teams. I think we have to really start questioning the true quality of the Big East outside of Xavier and Nova.
    Wofford was the higher seed. people shouldn't overreact to this year. it was always going to be a bad year. the conference will be loaded next year

Did someone seriously complain about our conference mates actually making the NCAA Tournament???

Recall, Fordham, Duquesne, LaSalle, George Washington, St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, Richmond, etc.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    ...I think we have to really start questioning the true quality of the Big East outside of Xavier and Nova.
    No, we don’t.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

I believe every BE team finished the year with a .500 record or better. I also beleive that is the only time that has EVER happened.

AND, I'm not sure, but did EVERY Big East Team get invited to a post-season tournament? Has that ever happened before.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Need better coaching, that is really what it comes down to. I feel confident in Steele, Wright, Willard and possibly Ewing. The rest are average to complete crap.

Hmmm... an irrational post in an irrational thread. This NIT thing must be taking its toll on people.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

You cant put Xavier in the same sentence with Nova. Yeah, we have been better than most BE programs......but come on.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I believe every BE team finished the year with a .500 record or better. I also beleive that is the only time that has EVER happened.

AND, I'm not sure, but did EVERY Big East Team get invited to a post-season tournament? Has that ever happened before.
    All that means is that there was a bunch of mediocrity across the board. Take a look at the non-con and see who be teams beat that were worth a darn outside of the hall marquette or nova, there wasnt a lot. Nova is the only team that won in the ncaa. It was a rebuilding year for the conference. I'm good with that but.....

The be records in the tourney outside of nova in this new be are something worth paying attention to. In order to keep respect at a high level from media etc, the teams outside of nova have to perform better in the tourney. Period.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.

I didn't do the numbers research someone else did. I am pretty sure the winning percentages for most other power conferences are better than 19%.