0 0%
  • 3000-6500k

12 54.55%
  • 6500-10400k

10 45.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ROX View Post
    Been to all home games and all had better attendance
    Probably misunderstood your question, but I don’t care about other venues . X fans always take pride in their fans support, so where was it tonight?

Probably misunderstood your question, but I don’t care about other venues . X fans always take pride in their fans support, so where was it tonight?
    I haven’t checked every game, but of the 5 I have checked, X had better attendance. IU is the closest at 5400.

Junior
    I prob should stay out of this but ... my guess is we had a far better turnout than most other home games. It's the N I frickin T after all. And there's a team playing right now just up the road that we should have at the very least swapped places with. I'm hope our game in Austin has at least double the 127 drunk college kids who showed up last night. Ugh.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    NC State had a sellout at Reynolds Coliseum - 5,500 in attendance for that game. Their regular arena (PNC Arena) was unavailable because of a Carolina Hurricanes home game.

Texas has 1700 or so at their game. It's one of the largest schools in the country. X on the other hand is not. Were you there? If so, great. If not, hush.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    I was there too. I thought it was a great crowd. Everybody there was invested and I think the players really felt the love. The attendance number maybe have been small, but the atmosphere was better than plenty of regular season games with bigger crowds.
    Agree, I was there too. Those who were there were loud and into it, especially in the second half. I would have guessed there was 6500 there.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Agree, I was there too. Those who were there were loud and into it, especially in the second half. I would have guessed there was 6500 there.
    It's all relative. And the X fanbase and support is relatively superior to 90% of all D1 programs. And my relative estimate is probably relativeoy low. I might be slightly relatively buzzed right now but the comment about our fan support is not relatively but absolutely wrong.

Wow. I feel relatively better now. Thank you.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Yeah I thought that was a great turnout. Almost 6k. If they get a 3rd game I would expect to see closer to 8k.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I would have loved to have had more, but there was three days notice for a mid-week game, with no base of season tickets automatically built in (at least that was my impression- season ticket holders had to buy the ticket extra instead of it being included). The vast majority of the tickets sold were in the lower bowl, which helped the atmosphere. I thought they did fine.

Would more fans have been better? Yes. But only 2 first round games (Nebraska and Memphis) had higher attendance than Xavier. The crowd looked good and sounded good on TV. NIT games never draw well, unless fans of the home team view postseason basketball as a rare treat instead of a step down from the norm (like Xavier fans do). Hopefully they beat Texas and come back with a chance to go back to MSG on the line. I’m sure that crowd would be bigger than tonight’s.